Chapter 9

*Alex’s POV*

While me and Maria waited for our food we got to know each other. We have a lot in common. We both have the same favorite sport and the same favorite color. She also told me how she lived in an orphanage for a lot of her life and how both her parents died when she was 5 and that she met Emily in the orphanage and how the same thing happened with Emily. I thought it was really upsetting. I told her how I have a 9 year old brother named Adam and a 14 year old brother named Andrew. I also told her that I have a mom and a step-dad. By all the stuff we were telling each other it felt like we knew each other for years even though we only knew each other for a few days. The food came and we started eating. When we were done I paid for the food and then we left to go to the movies. We decided to see The Possession. I paid for the tickets and snacks and drinks even though Maria protested. We walk into the movie theater and sit down and the movie commercials were on. While waiting for the movie to start we just sat there in silence. Then the movie started.

*Maria’s POV*

Alex paid for lunch and then he also paid for the tickets and the food and drinks. I protested but I didn’t win, he did. I told him next time I’m paying! This time he protested and I won! We walk in the theater and sit down. The movie commercials were on. The whole time we sat in silence. The movie finally started. I will admit I got scared in some parts and I put my head in his chest. Alex didn’t care, he was fine with it.

“It’s not that scary! It’s funny!” he says laughing

“Yes it is! No its not!” I say with my head still in his chest

The movie finally ended so me and Alex started walking to the car.

“So you like that movie?” Alex ask me

“Ha-ha funny joke Alex!” I say

“I know, I’m so funny! No need to remind me.” He says

“Yeah you’re hilarious. You should be a comedian.” I say

“You know what? I should because I’m so funny!” He says in a smart-alec voice.

We get in the car and he starts driving me home. He turns the radio up a bit and “Want U Back” was on.

“So today was a fun day, right?” he says breaking the silence.

“Yeah it was a lot of fun. To tell you the truth it was the most fun I really ever had in a few years.” I say

“Really? Would you want to do this again then?” he ask

“Yeah it is and yeah we should!” I say

“Maybe next time it can be you, me, Austin, and Emily. If you want.” He says

“Yeah we should totally do that.” I tell him.

We pull into my driveway and I undo my seatbelt. Alex’s runs out of the car and walks over to my side and opens the door for me.

‘Well thank you kind sir” I say

“Your welcome mam.” He says.

We start laughing and we finally calm down after a few minutes.

“Thanks for an awesome day Alex. I had a great time.”

“Your welcome and I had a great time too. So I guess I will text you later?” he says in a question

“Yeah we will talk later.”

“Okay bye Maria” he says hugging me

“Bye Alex” I say hugging him back and walking to my front door.

I get inside and yell “I’m home!” so my parents know I’m home. I walk upstairs and I hear music coming from Emily’s room. I knock and I hear her scream come in. I walk in and at the same time we ask each other the same question. How was it? That one question. The thing about me and Emily is that were so close we can read each others mind. We can start laughing about the same thing by just looking at each other. Another thing about me and her is that we always wondered if we were long lost sisters or even separated at birth. Everyone tells us we look alike and we agree with them.