Chapter 11

*Emily’s POV*

            I get out my shorts and my Hollister shirt and go walk into my bathroom to shower. I take a 15 minute shower and when I go back into my room I plug in my blow dryer and my hair straightner and put on a pair of yoga shorts from Pink and a tank top and brush through my hair. Once I finish I blow dry my hair. After about 15 minutes with blow drying my hair I get dressed and wait a few more minutes to make sure my straightner was hot enough. Then I straighten my hair and after 30 minutes I’m done. I finally start putting make-up on. I don’t go all out. I just add some mascara and a little bit of eyeliner. Once I do that I put my socks on and then put my converse on, tie them up grab my sweatshirt and phone and go downstairs and sit down next to my parents on the couch waiting for Maria.

“So who’s those guys you been hanging out with lately? Some boyfriends of you and Maria’s” my mom says while winking.

“Oh my god mom! No! There just friends of ours. We literally met them the other day!”

“Ahah okay whatever you say!” my mom says

I didn’t bother replying back to her so I took my phone out of my pocket and plugged in my headphones and started listening to music. Maria was taking forever. She’s usually done before me. I’m going to go check to see if she’s ready if she doesn’t come down within 5 minutes.

*Alex’s POV*

I can’t wait any longer. I only known Maria for a few days but I got so many feelings for her in just a few days, its crazy, She’s all I think about; she’s in my dreams. I need to ask her to be mine. I want to do something to ask her. I don’t want to just text her and ask her out. I want to do something romantic. What can I do? Take her to dinner and ask her? Or go see a movie and then talk a walk and ask her out when were walking? Or should I make a picnic for us and we can take a walk on the beach and I can ask her out there? I like the beach idea the best, so I’ll go with that one. Today’s Thursday and were going to the mall Saturday so I’ll do it tomorrow. Let’s hope she agrees.

*Maria’s POV*

            I hopped in the shower and stayed in there for about 20 minutes. Then I got out and got dressed. I got the blow dryer and started blow drying my hair. That took about 10 minutes. Then I curled my hair. That took a while. I added some eye liner and mascara. Then I put on my socks. I started looking for my converse and I couldn’t find them. I looked around my whole room and they weren’t in there. Next I went in Emily’s room and looked for them in there and they were in there either. Where else would they be? I decided to check my closet one more time. I go back into my room and I was about to walk by my closet and open the closet door when my phone beeped saying I had a text message. It was from Alex! Yay! I decided to read the message first before I look in the closet. I unlocked my phone and read his message.

Alex: Hey I wanted to know if tomorrow you wanted to go on a date with me at 7?

AH OMG ALEX WANTS TO GO ON A DATE!! Omg I’m freaking out. I screamed and dropped my phone. Next thing I know Emily is in my room.

“ARE YOU OKAY?! MARIA WHY DID YOU SCREAM?!” Emily says to me

“Emily I’m fine just look at my phone” I say

“Okay…” she says and grabs the phone.

She reads the message and she’s like “ Maria, Alex likes you!!”

“Emily give me my phone, I need to reply!” I say while grabbing the phone from her hand. I text back: “Sure! :) should I dress fancy or causal?”

A few minutes later he replied “Not to fancy but not to causal, like a skirt and shirt”

I text back “Okay I’ll be ready by 7(:”

            I locked my phone and then went to look in my closet. I finally found my converse and put them on and tied them. Then I went downstairs with Emily and we left to our surprise.