Chapter 1

Hi my name is Emily. I’m 16 years old and I live in an orphanage. My birthday is September 6th, 1996 and my best friend is Maria.

            Hi my name is Maria. I’m 16 years old and I live in an orphanage also. My birthday is September 20th, 1996 and my best friend is Emily.

*Emily’s POV*

Me and Maria have been best friends since we were 5, We met in the orphanage and became really close. We promised each other that we will only get adopted together and not separate. The reason why were both in an orphanage is because both of our parents died when we were 5.

Were both 16 now and then a nice couple came and wanted to adopt both of us. We were really excited because we lived in an orphanage for 11 years and the day finally came.

They took us home to there little house and me and Maria got our own rooms. Our mom told us we can decorate our rooms anyway we want. Our favorite color was red so we both painted our rooms red and we loved it!

It was the middle of the summer and me and Maria were outside playing basketball. Our mom and dad called us inside and they told us they had exciting news.

“WE WON THE LOTTERY!!” they yelled.

Me and Maria jumped up and hugged each other because we were so happy. Then our parents told us we are moving to San Antonio,Texas to a bigger house. We thought it would be fun to move to Texas. Then our mom told us we will go shopping for clothes tomorrow.