~Chapter 85~

I watch as Ava runs through the large pile of leaves, squealing when Uriah gets closer to her even though he's running as slow as possible. I look to my left to see Christina sitting there, eating some snacks that we brought with us from Dauntless, her belly protruding out of the blouse she is wearing, wincing every time as her baby girl kicks her.

I see Tobias clipping tablecloths on the picnic tables with Will, while playfully scolding Christina for getting crumbs on the table. Zeke pushes both Marlene and Shauna on the swings and Lynn sits secluded from us all on the slide.

I can't help but to smile at the scenery as the brown leaves fall from the trees. It's been 4 months since the trial of the misfits and the death of Emma, Drew, and Peter. Things couldn't be better.

It's fall now and we are all taking advantage of this great weather and having a picnic out here at the park. Tobias and I are getting married next month and I couldn't be happier, things are getting better and I really want to use it wisely.

"What would you all do, if my water broke?" Christina suddenly asks, rubbing her belly ad I stand from the wooden bench, pulling out all of the food that was brought today.

"Well, I would be terrified because 8 1/2 months is really soon." I say and Will's face pales.

"I would probably pass out briefly." He says and takes a calming deep breath and I give a her a look, she just about gave her husband a heart-attack. She shrugs her shoulders and helps me set the table while Tobias goes and gathers everyone to the table.

"Ma-ma!" Ava squeals, tugging on my jeans and I look down to her a full smile, lifting her up in my arms, "Foo!" She points to the food scattered on the table.

"Yeah, food. Are you hungry?" I ask and she nods her head at me. She's getting so big now, she is starting to talk and walk more and drink more liquids than my milk, though she still drinks it because she doesn't have all her teeth yet. I'm so upset that I missed some of her little moments while I was gone.

I fix her a plate quickly before everyone gets here and I clean her hands so she can eat. "I'm so glad they pushed initiation back," Zeke says with a grateful smile, sitting down beside Tobias who is sitting across from me.

I'm glad too! All of the factions decided to push back initiation because there wasn't a large count of 16 year olds. Some still didn't turn yet, so they are waiting until December, after Tobias and I's wedding.

"Agreed!" All of us say, even though some of us don't work with the Initiates it's still a hassle to have them in the compound so they won't kill themselves or hurt others like my year.

"This is really nice," Marlene smiles at us, "I'm glad we were able to do this."

"Me too, finally out of that stuffy compound." I say shaking my head.

All of a sudden Christina coos, "Around this time Tris was pregnant with Ava." Ava perks up at her name, "Now I'm pregnant." There is a massive noise of cooing at the thought, that is very true.

"Things are finally calming down." I mutter to myself, looking at all of my friends, my fiance, my daughter. I can finally be a normal person in Dauntless without a target on my back.

+++

"Alright," Christina rubs her belly as we sit in the cold ice-cream shop, Chilly's. Christina wanted to talk to me about some wedding details, I don't want Ava going to a Dauntless daycare, so she is sitting beside me, eating some ice-cream while drawing on a piece of paper Christina gave her. As long as she is occupied, we can get a lot done. "Let's get started, where do you want your wedding?" She asks.

I place a spoonful of ice-cream in my mouth and ponder, I don't want it held in Dauntless. I want it outside, but I don't want to hold the ceremony in Amity like expected. I don't want it at the Ferris Wheel either. "I want it an outside/inside wedding but I don't know where. I don't want it in Amity nor do I want to hold it near the Ferris Wheel. . . it's too―" I stop, thinking of the right word.

"Expected? Cliche? Platitude? Old Chestnut?" She says and I nod my head. "Well, how about near the fence? We can get a nice, big, tent put up so it's inside." My face pulls into a disgusted look. It's too. . . dry out there and too close to the fence.

"Tris. Think about it, near the fence is a good idea. Dauntless members will take one train to get there, no one will get lost. I can talk to Max to get someone to help me doll it up down there to get the grass more green. I'm not saying that it is going to be directly under the fence, maybe a mile away from it to it doesn't take away the theme of the wedding and everyone will be out of the cold air."

"That sounds like a good idea." I nod my head and she writes it down on the slip of paper that she brought with her, "It would be far from most of the factions so we wouldn't be in anyone's way. Let's move on to the guest list, I don't want a big wedding."

"Alright, so last night. I got the important people down. Me, Will, Uriah, Zeke, Marlene, Shauna, Lynn, Bud, Tori, Blaze, Max, your Mom, your Dad, your brother, his significant other if he has one, and I wanted to ask you about Eric." I bite my lip, wondering if I should invite him. I nod my head, "Alright, let's just hope Four doesn't flip his lid." We both burst out laughing. Ava looks to us and mimics us, chocolate ice-cream smeared on her face.

"What are you laughing at?" I coo, wiping off her face. She gives me a grin and turns back to the pencil scribbles on the sheet of paper. "Add these to the list; Robert, Susan, Ethan Black, and Marrgot Black. Can you give me those, I can give them to my parents to give to them and I can give Robert's to Max to send to Amity."

"Sure thing. I remember them, you always used to talk about that Susan girl back in Initiation."

"Yeah, we all grew up together so I think it would be kind to invite them."

"Yeah, I'll just send a extra invitation to Caleb just in case he really does have a girlfriend. Just to be safe." Christina scribbles something down again and shuffles the paper. The next hour we eat more ice-cream and I put Ava down for a nap, we talk about the colors which is going to be gold and royal blue―like Tobias' eyes. That's all we get done, the invitations, the place, and colors. Next time we are going to go into depth on food, music, and outfits.

"Thanks Christina." I give her a hug and I rub her belly, "Thanks for letting me borrow your mommy."

"No problem." She gives me a careful hug making sure not to wake Ava. "See you later!"

"See you later."