~Chapter 56~

"She wouldn't even latch on to me." I tell Tobias walking into the bedroom where he lays on the bed reading over some things from his job. It's only been one day since Ava got her shots and she is doing slightly better than yesterday, she slept all day yesterday and most of today. She had a fever so I took some time off from the tattoo parlor to make sure that Ava is okay.

"Let me see," Tobias says setting down the stack of papers on the night stand and I hand Tobias Ava who is quiet in my arms, looking around the room. I know that she is trying to fight the sleepiness off but she really needs to fall asleep so she can break this fever. I hand Tobias the bottle that I tried to give her before breast feeding and he lightly runs the tip of the bottle on her bottom lip and she starts to whine.

She lets out a grunt and then starts crying, Tobias places her on his shoulder and stands up leaving the room for me to just lay on my back and reflect everything. It seems like while Ava goes through her symptoms, I go through mine. I let her sleep in the middle of Tobias and I because I want to keep a close eye on her, but I would just watch her because I don't like how she is in pain and grumpy because of the damn shots.

When Tobias comes back into the room, she is asleep on his shoulder and he has a really relaxed face. He sits down on the bed and pulls the covers back placing her in the middle and she starts to wake up from the sudden movement, so Tobias picks her back up and she falls straight back asleep.

"I'm going to start dinner." I tell him standing up to my feet, I kiss his lips and I make my way towards the kitchen to work on supper. I am so grateful for having Tobias here with me, it would be a lot harder to try to deal with Ava on my own. Now, he stays here most of the time and really is a big help.

As I chop vegetables to go with the chicken, I think about how happy I am to have Tobias in my life. He really is something special to me, I wouldn't trade him for the world. I know that his stuff is still in Emma's place. . . and that makes my stomach churn, but I still know that he really likes me and wants to be here with me.

When we are eating dinner, I finally decide to speak up and ask him the question that has been running around in my mind. I take a deep breath and place my fork down, "Tobias, would you like to move in with me?" I ask and he looks up from his plate, "I mean, you don't have too. I just thought that you wouldn't want to be around Emma and keep sleeping on the couch at Zeke's place sometimes. I-" He cuts me off by leaning over the table pecking my lips.

"I would love too."

+++

- 4 Months Later-

I feel little hands tapping on me and the shouting of 'Ma-ma-ma-ma', I slowly peel open my eyes to see a pair of grey eyes staring into my blue and grey ones. I smile and Ava bounces back and forth on her hands and knees squealing.

"Good Morning." I tell her kissing her cheek and she places her small hand on my cheek and I stare at her smiling, that is when I hear the sound of a camera and I look up to see Tobias holding his phone out to us smiling as he takes another picture.

"I just couldn't resist doing that." Tobias smiles and leans down to peck my lips, "Good morning,"

"Good Morning," I smile sitting up in the bed and I gasp happily, lifting Ava into my arms. "Someone is six months today!" I say kissing over her face and she squeals happily.

"We should celebrate." Tobias says smiling. All three of us get up and start getting dressed, I put on a pair of jeans with a long sleeve top and my leather jacket due to the cold weather outside, it's December and I really miss the warm weather already, around this time I was pregnant with Ava.

I put Ava in cute black leggings, I put a pink, black, and white turtle neck on her and a black, white, and pink headband. I put some combat boots on her and comb out her blond curls. Once Four is done, I grab our things and we head out the door going to the canteen.

"Good Morning, everyone!" We say when we reach the canteen, Ava coos and starts to throw her arms in Uriah's direction. I give her to Uriah and have a seat on the bench, I am so glad that I don't have to haul that stroller now. I make a plate for myself which is Eggs, toast, fruit, and some potatoes, like everyone else.

"I think she just wants you for the cake." Marlene says looking at Ava beside her as Ava tries to reach her arms out to grab the food but Marlene does a good job pushing the plate away.

"Happy six month old birthday, Ava!" Christina coos throwing her arms in the air and we all start clapping. Ava turns to look at her crazy aunt and copies our movements by clapping her small hands together.

"When are you going to have another baby?!" Shauna exaggerates as Uriah passes Ava to Shauna, "You make adorable baby's!" She says and Ava grabs her cheeks smiling at her, I give Shauna a look, a playful I am going to kill you look. Someday's I wish that I wasn't a parent because of the hard times, but of course I would never admit that.

"Not for a long time," I say exaggerating when I say long so she gets my point. We just continue to eat breakfast together, enjoying each other's company and hang out with Ava like a family should.