~Chapter 68~

[Tobias' Point of View]

I don't know how I ended up at the training room, but I know that I've been coming here for the past month exercise until my muscles feel like Jello. I just tried to shut everything out and only hang on to my needs; Food, hygiene, and my job. I can't even look at Tris or Ava without horrible thoughts making their way into my mind. I couldn't risk anything happening.

"Tobias?" I hear Tris as she walks into the training room with Ava on her hip, cooing at everything in here. I am the only person here, since everyone is either at the canteen eating dinner or finishing shifts at their jobs. "Zeke, told me that I would be able to find you here." She says and sets Ava down so she can walk around herself.

I stop beating the hell out of the bag to walk over to the table where the knives usually sit, I take my rag off of the table and wipe my face and bruised hands. I swear that ever since I've been working out, I had to get some new clothes due to my muscles getting bigger, I even had to get a new tux for the wedding.

"Tobias, you can't just come here all the time. I miss you a lot at home, you rarely talk to me." She says lifting Ava back into her arms, giving her a teething ring. "She isn't going to get us, I know she won't. You love the both of us too much for her to sneak her way back into Dauntless to hurt us. Now, let's go home, I have dinner warmed up."

I grab my things and follow behind Tris, without another word.

+++

When I told Tris about the letter, the rational thing for a man to do is to hide the letter and try to wait to figure out the best game plan, but I decided to tell her. But, she was very taken back but confident that nothing would happen to us three. I've been with Emma for a while, I know that she can be very sneaky and conniving. So, someway she would get in here without being caught and would somehow try to get to my two favorite girls.

Emma kept sending the letters, every single Friday until the third one. They were just letters of her telling me how much she misses me, and she doesn't care if I am responding to her. Tris would just laugh and shrug it off, but I don't want her to just 'shrug it off', I want her to be aware of her surroundings.

Since I really can't take my anger out the way I want to, I go to the training room and beat the bag until my knuckles are purple and the bag is dropping sand on the floor. Usually, Tris would come and get me after her shift and would try to talk to me, but I don't give her enough information on how I personally feel, who knew that words written in ink would make a person this upset.

"Tobias, you have to tell me how you are feeling." Tris says laying on me, we are both laying on the bed and we were supposedly going to sleep until Tris got on top of me pestering me with questions. "I don't want you shutting me out because you have a crazy ex-girlfriend." She tells me wrapping her arms around my neck and placing her head on my chest making my hands to roam up and down her back.

"I-" I start with a frustrated sigh, because I can't tell her how I really feel deep down inside. When Marcus used to abuse me, I didn't have anyone to turn to to vent. Now, that I do, it feels all foreign to me. "I'm just upset, that's all." She scoffs grabbing my bruised hand and kisses my knuckle.

"Okay, I believe you." She says sarcastically. "Tobias, I can take one look at you and know how you are feeling. I know that you are upset, pissed, worried, beyond belief. I just need to hear it coming from you, honestly. Because, it would make you feel better." She says leaning up to press a kiss to my lips.

" I want us to be able to be open to one another. Tell each other things, I want us to be together."

"Forever?" I ask clasping our hands together.

"Yes."

"I'm sorry," I tell her, knowing that I don't have to elaborate on why I am apologizing. She nods her head and I feel her lips turn into a smile on my mouth and I grab the back of her head, pulling her to me again so I can feel her moist lips on mine. I flip her over so I am on top of her and I add more pressure on her lips and she lets out a sigh throwing her arms around me again. "I'm sorry," I repeat and continue to kiss down her neck.

+++

"Da-Da." Ava says stumbling towards me as I sit on the couch looking on my laptop over my notes that I have to turn in. It's around eight in the morning and Tris is still sleeping which is quite normal, she is probably still tired from last night's activities. Last night was something special between Tris and I, something where we could express our feelings to without being too verbal. It was our first time and I know that I am going to sound like a whipped dude when I say this, but it was magical.

"Yes?" I ask her as she tries to pull herself up on the couch beside me. Ava calls me 'Da-Da' or 'Da' it just makes my heart want to melt because she looks at me as a father figure. She also learned how to get out of her crib and leave her bedroom which makes Tris and I have to shut her door open at night since she doesn't get the whole turn the knob mechanism. I opened the door this morning as I left the bedroom just in case she wanted to come up here with me when she woke up.

She starts mumbling some nonsense to me and I just give her all of my attention nodding at her every word taking in her features on how she took Eric's grey eyes, and his eye structure and nose. But, she has her mother's personality and mouth.

Tris emerges from the bedroom in one of my t-shirts and her hair in a bun, she smiles at us and she leans over kissing me on the cheek and her daughter's both telling us good morning before she goes to the kitchen and the smell of food soon hits both of our noses making us both turn our heads together at the same time with a smile on our face.