~Chapter 61~

"Ava Marie Prior." I tell Ava in a stern voice as she splashes the water around in the tub, giggling loudly as the bubbles around her fly in the air landing on my tank top. I groan when she looks up at me noticing how serious I am, she juts out her bottom lip and I fight the urge to laugh loudly at her face, "Is your Uncle Uriah teaching you that?" I ask rinsing her off. I unplug the water and lift her out of the tub placing her towel around her body.

She squirms in my arms as she see's Tobias in the hallway returning from his own shower in a pair of sleeping pants that hang loosely on hips hips, showing the perfect 'V' on his toned stomach. He places the towel on his shoulder from drying his hair and holds his arms out to Ava. I hand him to her giving him a look telling him that he has to get her ready for bed.

I go back to the bathroom, taking the toys out of the tub and turning on the shower head. I sigh and turn shut the door taking off my clothes placing them in the hamper for me to wash. I take a loose my bun letting my hair fall to my elbows and I get in the shower, letting out a sigh as the hot water hit my tense skin.

It has been a busy week here in Dauntless and I just need a break. Christina announced her engagement at Breakfast on Monday which resulted in everyone congratulating her and she started filling me in on how she wants her Wedding to be. I had to deal with the ink shipments, which was very difficult since Tori was sick. Tuesday, I had to go to Max's office and tell him how Emma tried to hurt me because he needed Tobias and I to testify about her attacking me. She is currently in Candor in a holding cell because she went under Truth Serum. She is most likely going to end up being Factionless in the end.

Wednesday, Ava wouldn't go to sleep until 4 in the morning because she was very active and slept most of the day. Also, that day, it seemed like everyone wanted tattoo's so I had cramps in my hand all day. That day, I also got my period, which sucked.

Thursday, I had cramps and Christina was very emotional because she was going to see her parent's on Candor on Friday and I had to deal with her. Friday, Ava was cranky and wanted to be in my arms all day and would cry or scream when she got with anyone else. My cramps finally started to ease up and feel better since I only last like three days. Saturday, I thought I could relax and chill but Blaze called out sick at the Tattoo Parlor, and with Emma gone, Tori needed me to fill in for Blaze.

Today is Sunday and the first day where I could actually relax. I stand under the faucet letting the hot water cascade down my back taking out the scented soap. I continue to do a deep clean and when I am finished I turn off the water and get out of the shower grabbing my towel where I dry off, and lotion down.

I blow-dry my hair and put on a pair of underwear with one of Tobias' shirts that are huge on me, I clean up the bathroom and turn off the lights heading towards Ava's room where I see her sprawled out across the mattress sleeping. I let out a grateful smile and head towards the bedroom where I see Tobias sitting on the bed with a laptop on his lap.

"I'm so tired," I let out a yawn turning off the bedside lamp getting under the covers.

"I'm almost done," Tobias says as he continues to type away on the computer and within five minutes the lights click off and I am Tobias' arms. He pulls me into his chest and I sigh curling up into his side closing my eyes as I drift off . . .

-

"Tris?" I hear someone shout from behind me, I turn around and I don't see anyone there. I look around to see that I am at the Chasm, looking down at the water smiling at the secret spot that nobody know's of where Tobias and I go to. I see that I am wearing a pair of black skinny jeans, shirt, and leather jacket and my hair is pulled into a ponytail. When did I get dressed?

I start to walk, heading away from the spraying water that comes over the edge leaving the floor dangerously damp. Just as I am about to turn the corner a large hand clasps around my mouth making my whole body jump about ten feet in the air. I scream and struggle against the person, my fear of kidnapping coursing through my brain and body.

I kick the person in their shin and their grip loosens and I back run away from them, this feels like Initiation all over again. Am I in a simulation? I turn around to see the person taking off their black mask and it's. . . Al? Again?

Before I know it, the scene changes. We are in the apple orchards in Amity. I have on a knee length dress that is a creme colored, and no shoes. . . gross, Al is standing in front of me in pants and a shirt that is red. I look around, the smell of apples filling my nose.

"Al?" I ask as I see tears filling in his eyes, he walks towards me and grabs my face in his large hands pulling my face towards his to kiss it. I back away with a gasp pushing him away, "What are you doing? You know, I'm with Four." I tell him and he lets out a sigh.

"You just don't get it do you?" He questions and I furrow my eyebrows at him, "I love you," He says grabbing my face again, "I didn't mean to hurt you," He says and leans down pressing his lips to mine again and I scoff pushing him away. A large hole appears behind him, almost like the Chasm and he falls in. I gasp covering my hand with my mouth as the scene fades away turning back to the first scene, Dauntless, the Chasm, Al. I killed him.

I scream and hold my hand out to him, trying to grab him, but he is already flowing down into the deep dark abyss, "TRIS!" I hear him shout but tears are clouding my vision, "TRIS!" He shouts again and I groan turning on my back staring up at the ceiling. . . I killed Al. "TRIS!" My whole word is shaking, I can't stop crying.

-

"TRIS!" I feel someone shaking me and I open my eyes to see that Tobias is hovering over me and I am still in bed with him. I gasp and wrap my arms around him. "You're okay," He assures me, kissing me on the face multiple times.

"Al!" I shriek, "I killed Al," I say as tears fall down my face.

"You didn't kill Al, it was just a dream." He whispers to me as I start to calm down, my heart still racing from the dream.

"Sleep," he says. "I'll fight the bad dreams off if they come to get you"

"With what?"

"My bare hands, obviously."

I smile a bit and close my eyes, my body physically shutting down but my brain still wide-awake. Those dreams of Al still haunting me, his face when he fell into the hole still burning in the front of my mind.

-
-
How would you feel if I wrote another high school story based on the Divergent Series? Would you read it?