~Chapter 40~

a/n: Yay guys! We made it! Chapter 40. Thanks for reading and all of the support. On with the story!

-

-

-

"She is going to look so adorable." Christina gleams as she hands me the outfit for Ava to put on. Today we are going to go to the Canteen for the first time. She is now one week and I got the okay from Dr. Martinez that it is fine if I take Ava out. Just make sure that people aren't really in her face, especially children.

Ava does look adorable once we get the outfit on her, she has on the pale pink and black polka-dot outfit that I got her a while back. It is pale pink pants with black polka-dots and the top is a long sleeve black top with a lace, pale pink, band across the chest with the words 'Mommy's Girl' written across the top with a matching elastic black headband with a pale pink flower and little black ankle boots.

"You can't go to sleep yet Avey." I say in a little voice picking her up carefully off of the bed and she makes a little whining noise but I hold her that she is in a comfortable position. Christina lets out a chuckle and grabs the baby bag while we go to the living room where the stroller that Four got for her is sitting.

"She said that once my mommy fed me I can go to sleep now." Christina smiles, "I hope that she can tolerate the nonsense in the canteen." Christina says and I give her a look nodding my head.

"Me too." I place Ava in her stroller and Christina places the baby bag in the little carrier part in the bottom of the stroller. I make sure that my keys are in the baby bag along with my phone and then we are on the way to the canteen.

"Everyone said that they are there and waiting on us. They even got our food." Christina says and I fake cringe with a small laugh. "I know right." She agrees.

I get the stroller in the elevator and Christina presses 'P' for pit and we go down. The doors open and I get out of the elevator and then I hear a loud coo.

"Is that your baby?" A dauntless woman says walking up to me and I nod my head while she peaks in the stroller. "What is her name?"

"Ava." I say with a smile and she waves at Ava.

"She's adorable."

"Thanks." I take the cue to start walking to the canteen again. We did have to stop a few times because people wanted to see her but we eventually make it to the Canteen and I push it to our usual table which is located closer to the wall than the middle. It's perfect because I have room for the stroller and I wouldn't be in the way of others.

"You made it!" Shauna gleams and then scoots over so that I can have the end seat. I see for dinner that we are having roasted chicken, mashed potatoes, mac-and-cheese with steamed vegetables.

"When do you go back to work?" Four asks as I start to unhook Ava out of her stroller. I shrug my shoulders. With Initiation in less than two weeks I wouldn't have time to juggle Initiation, the tattoo parlor, and working with Ava. Ava comes first regardless.

"Initiation is starting soon and I won't have time for the Tattoo parlor." I say and I smile a bit at Emma's frustrated groan, since I am not able work shifts at the Tattoo parlor Emma would have longer shifts with Bud, Blaze, Tori, and Elise the other worker.

I lift Ava in my arms and I lay her in my arms and her eyes start to close.

+++

Dinner was amazing, the food was amazing and just being around everyone is great. Ava did fidget a little bit because of the loud noises - which I would say was mostly from Emma, which I don't know why she is even sitting over here- but overall she slept through most of our time in the canteen.

"Well, we should get going. Dr. Martinez said that I shouldn't be out for long periods of time with Ava." I say standing up from the table. There really isn't anyone in here anymore. Four and Emma left ten minutes after I arrived which was a relief and Shauna and Zeke just left. Christina and Will plan on going to the ice cream parlor and I don't know what Lynn, Marlene, and Uriah are going to do.

"Do you want me to walk you?" Christina asks and I shake my head placing Ava carefully in her stroller since she is still sleeping and I strap her in. I tell them goodbye and I make sure I have my things and I leave.

On my way home, I start thinking about my plans on how I am going to juggle all of this stuff. I wish my parents were here, I wish that my whole family was here to help me. Being sixteen and a mother is hard, especially when the father isn't around and a true a*sshole.

"Oh excuse me-" I say noticing that I hit something with the stroller being too into my thoughts. I instantly frown when I see how I hit, Eric. "Excuse me." I say again moving out of the way and continue walking towards the elevator.

I really could careless if he saw his daughter because all I am worried about now is Ava, she is my main concern and nothing else. I would do anything for her, even if that means avoiding her father. I have good friends here in Dauntless who would do anything for her, especially Four. I can already tell that they are going to have a special bond, she loves going to him.

I didn't know becoming a mother and being in Dauntless would mean that I would have so many situations to handle.

-
-
-
a/n: Mmmh 😉, play close attention to Initiation guys. Some juicy stuff will happen 😏.