~Chapter 72~

Warning! Extremely short chapter!

-

I open the door and step out, "Eric?" I question in total shock, I prejudged him I didn't even know he was going to come.

"Hey, I can't stay long. I just wanted to wish her happy birthday." He says and I smile at him, I nod my head and open the door wider going inside to go get Ava.

"Aw," Christina and Shauna coos when they see Eric standing there, he rolls his eyes at them and Christina laughs, "What's up Erica?" Uriah, Zeke, Will, and Four looses it and start literally laughing until their faces are red.

"Idiots," Marlene rolls her eyes while laughing a little bit.

"Don't. Ever. Call. Me. Erica. Again." Eric says sternly obviously pissed at Christina for using her 'nickname' for him. Eric rolls his eyes and I give them a look of telling them to shut up, everyone goes back to talking while I get Ava and go out in the hallway knowing how Eric doesn't like to be 'sweet' in front of everyone. "Happy Birthday Ava." Eric says to Ava, Ava looks up to see him and she smiles showing the small teeth that she has.

"She looks just like you." I tell him and he sucks in a small gasp. She hold her arms out to him and he gently lifts her into his large arms. She looks at me briefly then to her dad and claps her hands together making Eric and I laugh softly. He gives Ava back to me and reaches into his pocket grabbing a small black box. "Eric." I say softly.

He hands me the box and I open it to see a small silver bracelet with Ava written out in black onyx gemstone. In the middle of the 'A' is a Alexandrite stone since it is her birthstone. Then another bracelet is silver, it has charms on it. There is the Dauntless Symbol, An 'A' that has jewels in it, lastly is a Sun.

"Eric, this is so sweet. Thank you so much, what does the sun mean?"

"She's always happy, I take notice of that when she walks around with a smile on her face. She can make the grumpiest Dauntless man happy. She's radiant, like her mother." He kisses Ava on the cheek and nods at me, walking away.

"Say thank you." I whisper in Ava's ear before he gets on the elevator.

"Tank You!" She shouts the best way she can and he turns around smiling, he waves at her and she waves back. We both go into the apartment while I hold the box that holds the two bracelets. I set her down on the floor and she stumbles back to Will to sit on his lap.

"What was that all about?" Lynn asks.

"He got her a gift." I smile happily showing them the gift. I am just so glad that Eric did that, I understand that it's hard for him to be around people, let alone his own daughter. I see Tobias shift in his seat and roll his eyes. He still feels some type of way that he isn't the father of Ava, but he still has to realize that Eric is always going to be needed with his daughter and he can't get jealous.

"That's sweet." Marlene says and I nod my head in agreement.

+++

Ava sleeps soundly in her bed while I stand in her room placing all of her new clothes and toys away from the party as Tobias lays in bed. He really wouldn't say anything ever since Eric stopped by earlier today. I place her newest book on the bookshelf and I grab her hamper leaving her nightlight on. I leave her room and go to the washing machine and see that I need more soap.

"Tobias," I walk in Tobias' and I room. "I am going to run down to the store to get some laundry detergent. He nods and I sigh walking out of the room, making sure that I have my phone and keys. I leave the apartment and go down to the pit, I get the soap and go back to the apartment. When I turn down on our hallway I see that most of the lights are off except for one. My heart hammers in my chest and I instantly get upset at how cheap Dauntless can be sometimes.

"Tris." I hear someone whisper and I feel sweat start to form on my brow. I walk quicker to my door and I bang my fist against it but it's too late.