~Chapter 73~

[Tobias' Point of View]

Eric. Just hearing his name makes my whole mood go down hill. He is the worst person ever, he is up there with my own father. Eric wants to be the best and anyone can see that, just knowing that he got Tris pregnant was the worst thing ever. It felt like he took something that I was supposed to have, that spot of being her father.

+++

A loud knock on the door makes me instantly jump up, Tris must have forgot her keys. I sigh and stand up checking on Ava briefly before I go to the door. I open it and no one is there, I do see keys on the ground. . . Tris' keys. My heart hammers in my chest as I look around the hallway to see only one light on. All of a sudden they all turn on and I listen for Tris. . . anything!

I walk back inside and pace around the apartment running my hands through my hair, I need to go out and find her. Maybe she is still at the store, but how did her keys end up here? I go to the bedroom and put on a shirt and some sweatpants. I put on my combat boots and I put on a light weight jacket.

I go to leave the apartment and then I think about Ava. Who will watch her? Not Will or Christina because if I tell them that Tris might be possibly missing Christina and Will would want to go with me along with all of the others. So, I decide to call Tori, "What?" She snaps in the phone since it is late.

"Tori, hey, uh, this is Four--"

"--Really?" She yawns with sarcasm oozing out of her tone.

"Tori, I need you to watch Ava."

"At almost 11 at night? I have to work tomorrow morning. . . early. Where is Tris?" She snaps as I hear the bed dip in the background. I let out a sigh and I run my hand through my hair gripping the roots tightly.

"That's the thing, I don't know. She left to go get something from the store and didn't return. I'm going out to find her and I need someone to watch Ava. If I tell our friends then they would want to come with me and no one would be able to watch Ava. Can you do it please?" I ask hopefully, I expect her to give me a smart remark back but instead she does the opposite.

"Yes, bring her over."

+++

"If you have any questions call me." I hand over the sleeping Ava, I basically ran all the way over here and she didn't wake up at all. I hand Ava to Tori who smiles at her.

Ava shifts in Tori's unfamiliar arms and I am met with a pair of grey eyes that remind me too much of Eric's, "Da-Da?" She questions while bringing up her fist to rub her eyes.

"Shh, I'll be right back." I kiss her cheek and thank Tori before I am walking away. Ava falls back asleep and I start to run to the only store here in Dauntless. I run around the whole store looking on each aisle and I ask all of the workers if they have seen her, they all tell me that she left already. So then, I call Zeke and wake him up, "Meet me at the Control room in two minutes." I don't even let him tell me anything before I am running back past the store into the control room. I push one of the workers out of the way and focus on the training that I have gotten from Lauren in my initiation and go to the cameras.

"Dude, you better be lucky that you sounded like you were in distress." Zeke rubs his eyes and I run my hands through my hair. "What's wrong?" He says pulling a chair over to me to see me typing furiously, trying to pull up the latest camera history to go back ten minutes and then further to see her when she was in the hallway.

"Tris, she went to the store and I heard a loud knock on the door like really quick and now I can't find her." I say and close my eyes, calming my nerves even though there is no calming, there is no going back.

"Why would she go to the store this late in the night?" Zeke questions me as he goes to my hallway's camera and goes back ten minutes to see nothing and then ten more minutes and he waits for it to load.

Then it hits me and I just want to curl up in a hole and die, "She went to the store for more soap powder. I know that isn't like her, she would have waited for the morning and I was kind of being an a*shole towards her and she left obviously wanting some fresh air now that I think about it." I run my hands through my hair, muttering how stupid I am.

"Why were you like that?" My bestfriend wonders aloud to me.

"Because I just felt pissed that Eric came I-" I don't get to finish before I see her beautiful blond hair in the camera, she is walking towards the apartment and then the lights go out and we can't see anything. But of course, due to us having high Dauntless material, we cut on the night vision toggle that we have for things that were to happen like this. Instead it's all black, someone must have hacked into the computers and turned off the camera's for a certain amount of time because now it's on and Tris is no longer in the hallway.

"Damn," I mutter placing my head down and running my hands through my hair.

Where could she be?