~Chapter 3~

The day I have been dreading all week has finally arrived, the day where everyone has been going nuts about.

Uriah's party.

Everyone is going crazy about getting drunk, getting dressed, and dancing until it feels like their ankles are broken. But, me, I am the only one in the Dauntless compound who really doesn't want to go, but me being the good friend I am is going to go. Even Tori and Bud are going, so it would definitely look crazy if I didn't go.

I look at myself in the mirror and actually for once nod my head in approval, instead of Christina going all out and wanting to put tons of make up on me and stuffing me in a short dress. I decided to dress myself or I wasn't going to go.

I decided on a pair of high waist ripped jeans that show more leg than shorts, I paired that with a black crop top and a pair of converse sneakers. These are all clothes that Christina helped me pick out during the week, Wednesday I believe.

She taught me how to put on mascara, eyeliner, and lipstick which I won't be using after tonight. I'd rather not look like a clown for the rest of my life. It was good tips for future events like these.

I have on red lipstick and black studded earrings and my leather jacket. These clothes actually make me look like the sixteen year old I am and not a ten year old.

My cell-phone dings and I grab it and I see Christina's name across the screen, I swipe it and put in my password in and it takes me directly to her message.

We are on the way to pick you up- Christina

We?-Tris

Just as I click send there is a knock at my door. I put my phone and keys in my pocket and zip it up not wanting it to fall out during the night.

I go to the door and open it, I see Lynn, Marlene, Christina, and Will standing there at my door. I remember when Lynn stepped on my foot leaving us at a bad note, but the Abnegation in me is telling me that things can change between us since we are in the same faction.

"Hey!" Marlene says waving at me in a pretty gold, sparkly, long sleeved dress paired with matching heels.

"Hey." I said waving back. I made sure that everything was off in my house before I locked it up and followed them downstairs to the party.

+++

The smell of alcohol hit my nose way before we even got off of the elevator leaving me in a worried state, Christina and Marlene just squealed at the thumping music.

"I hope you ate enough today, because we are getting hammered tonight." Lynn says out loud, Will and I share a glance before we are pulled into the dark apartment. The smell of liquor, sweat, and cigarettes filled the room making me instantly scrunch my nose up.

I don't like parties, it's too loud and I'm afraid that when I get home I can't hear anyone, I guess it just the Abnegation part that's still left in me.

"Come on Tris lets find Uriah!" Marlene said grabbing my hand as Christina and Will vanish, so did Lynn. I think I saw her and some girl talking when we first walked in but she left.

As we fight our way through the crowd of grinding bodies, I catch a glimpse of dimples and a laugh that sounds way to familiar. It's Uriah. He is leaning against the wall with Zeke, Four, Emma, Shauna, and another person.

"Hey." Marlene said and it fell quiet, their voices stopped making me furrow my eyebrows and perch my head up to them and I saw their surprised expressions.

"You. Look. Amazing." Shauna said happily but still in shock. I blushed slightly, at the compliment, I'm not really used to those type of comments.