~Chapter 5~

~2 Weeks Later~

"I still can't believe that you woke up like that." Christina said in disbelief as I watched her label prescriptions for people here in the Dauntless compound. Christina thinks that I woke up still in Uriah's apartment on the patio, but, we all know how I really woke up.

I was about to tell her about Eric, but I didn't have the guts to. I couldn't handle how her face would look or the questions she would give. I wasn't prepared.

"Christina, it's been two weeks. You're still talking about that?" I say with a slight chuckle, rolling my eyes at my crazy best-friend.

"Yes!" She exclaims in disbelief. "That was a great party, that was the best time I've ever had since I've been here."

I don't say anything or agree, I just give a slight nod to my head. I don't think it was all that great, especially the outcome.

"Hurry up Christina, I'm hungry." I whine and she rolls her eyes as she carries the tray to a wall, sliding it through an opening and shutting the little panel.

"You're always hungry." She says taking off her lab coat leaving her in her black, knee-length, long sleeve dress.

"That's not true." I say furrowing my eyebrows and she chuckles at me, putting her card into the slot so she can get clocked out.

"Whatever," She says as we leave the infirmary but I stop in my tracks, turning towards her.

"Is Will coming?" I say and she shakes her head yes.

"He said he would meet us there, he had to talk to his boss about the medicine being shipped into Dauntless from Erudite." She says and I nod my head, we continue our journey to the canteen.

Before we even near the canteen we hear the shouts and laughter from the Dauntless members bringing a smile to my face, some factions would frown upon all of the noise. But, I find it kind of welcoming.

Christina pushes open the door and we go through the line grabbing dinner which consist of; soft tacos, the normal side of fries, fruit salad, and of course Dauntless cake.

We both grab something to drink from the fridge and have a seat at our normal table.

"Hey guys!" Uriah exclaims sitting down at the table in front of Christina. Marlene sits beside him and Lynn sits beside Marlene while I sit beside Christina.

"Hey." We say and he pours the sauce that goes with the tacos over his and instantly picks it up taking a huge bite and all of the contents fall back on the tray. We laugh and he frowns grabbing his fork.

"It's called a soft taco for a reason." I say with a chuckle cutting mine with a knife.

"Well if it's going to fall apart then they shouldn't call it a taco, they should call it something else like. . ." Lynn says and trails off trying to find another name.

"Taco salad." Christina says and Lynn nods her head at Christina with approval. I just laugh at my friends, taking a bite of my fry.

"When are you hosting another party?" Christina asks Uriah happily and he beams at her, shrugging his shoulders.

"I don't know, Max already had a fit about having to let some of the employees off for the day due to a hangover." Uriah says with a chuckle biting his Dauntless cake and I nod my head in agreement, about the hangover.

"I hope not soon, because my head still hurts." Lynn exaggerates and I instantly frown at the way I woke up, with the worse headache possible.

While they reminisce about their favorite highlights from the party two weeks ago, I fiddle with my Dauntless cake taking a few bites here and there, but mostly shuffling it around my plate. I hear a loud giggle and I look up to see Zeke, Emma, Four and Shauna sitting at a table. Emma has her head on Four's shoulder and he is laughing.

Emma looks up to me and gives me an evil, taunting smile in hopes to make me jealous. I really could care less, I have too many things on my plate to care about her trying to make me jealous.

"They make me sick." Christina mutters taking a bite of her fry making me give a slight chuckle but continue to pick over my Dauntless cake.

The double doors slam open but the noise in here doesn't fall, the noise still remains the same level. I look up to see who entered here in such a violent way. And when I look up I see those same grey eyes.

Eric smiles and nods at me but I just avoid his eyes. The thought about being with him in that way is nauseating, it makes me sick to my stomach. I sigh and take my last bite of Dauntless cake forcing it down my throat.

"I'm going to head out guys, I'm tired." I say standing up with my tray and trash sitting on the top.

"Aw, alright." Marlene, Uriah, and Christina protest but let me leave. I throw my trash away and make my way out of the double doors.

"Trying to avoid me stiff?" I hear Eric say behind me making me tense up but I don't stop walking, I continue my path to my apartment.

"No." I peep trying to keep the conversation level down as I walk up the steps to my apartment but I still hear his feet behind me making me move quicker, I really don't want to be in a dim light stairwell with only one red light hanging above us.

I go to reach for the door but he pushes my back against the wall, restricting me to leave.

"What do you want Eric?" I say staring at him, staring at his eyes that bore into mines.

"You." He answers making a lump start to form in my throat, my eyes widen at his choice of words and I strain against him to get out of his tightening grip.

"Eric." I say with a sigh, turning my head back to meet his eyes. "It was an accident. It wasn't me-"

I don't even get to finish before his lips smash against mine, fully pinning me to door. My eyes remain open in shock as his lips move against mine. I grab his shoulders and roughly push him back, still staring at him wide-eyed.

"No." I say shaking my head rapidly, trying avoid kissing him again. Well him, kissing me. "Eric, I didn't mean to have that one night stand with you, I was drunk."

"But you seemed to enjoy it." He slyly says with a grin leaning in front of the door. I stare at him with pure hatred. I don't think I can stand another minute being with him. I push him out of the way, with all of the force I have and open the door storming out to my apartment.