~Chapter 53~

Things have changed a lot during the 2 weeks, ever since Four and I kissed he's been around more often and would often spend the night with Ava and I. Today is the last day of Initiation and the rankings will be showed during lunch, and I can tell that all of the Initiates are nervous, I was too.

Ava is now 8 weeks old today and she is getting so big. She is starting to take notice of her surroundings. She would stare at someone intensely in the canteen with colored hair or a lot of piercings to the point where I would have to turn her head to focus back on me. She loves Four, like that is her own daddy. She would cry with everyone until she is back in either Four or my arms.

Four has really been there for Ava and I. Our relationship is, I guess, we are going out. We would share kisses often and would lay in bed together. Emma tried multiple times to hurt me and get Tobias back, but I wasn't having it, nor were he. Four even let me go through his fear landscape and I was honored, that is how I know his name. I would have never guessed that he originated from Abnegation like myself.

"Tris," I feel Tobias shake me up from my nap. He decided to come over after Eric and Max went through the Initiates files to do the rankings, so, Tobias and I decided to take a nap before the rankings were announced. Ava is in the middle of us sleeping too.

"Huh?" I say sitting up rubbing my eyes and he stretches and yawns.

"It's time to go, we need to get there before the Initiates." He says and I let out a sigh sitting up in the bed. Slipping on my boots to match my jeans and short sleeve shirt. It is finally cooling down, outside making everyone in the compound put more clothes on.

"Let's go Ava." I say lifting Ava up in my arms and I place her head on my shoulder. We all leave the apartment heading towards the canteen.

+++

1. Kehlani

2. Dauntless Born

3. Tyler

4. Jay

5. Dauntless Born

6. May

7. Dylan

8. Josh

9. Dauntless Born

10. Dauntless Born

11. Dauntless Born

12. Dauntless Born

13. Dauntless Born

-----------

14. Malia

15. Dauntless Born

16. Adam

17. Danny

18. Dauntless Born

19. Dauntless Born

20. Dauntless Born

21. Dauntless Born

Cheers erupt across the canteen as everyone see's their rankings. A few cry and others just walk away. I smile and turn towards Tobias. I check to see if Ava is okay in Christina arms but she is all smiles. I turn back to Tobias and stand on my tiptoes and press my lips to his, it's the best moment of my life.

A few people whistle at us and I just smile wrapping my arms around his neck. He pulls away and smiles brightly at me.

"I love you,"

I don't hold myself back. It feels like I've known Tobias for ever, "I love you too." I smile hugging him.

Just as I pull away from Tobias' embrace, I get pulled into Kehlani's arms. I smile and hug her back as she squeals in my ear. "Thanks so much Tris for helping me, words can't describe how grateful I am." She says pulling away and I smile placing my hand on her shoulder.

"No problem." I walk over to Christina and lift Ava out of her arms. I smile placing a kiss to her forehead.

"You will be here too babygirl, hopefully." I say and she coos at me smacking her lips.

"What are you're plans for tomorrow?" Christina asks as everyone starts to file out of the canteen to celebrate while others leave to go collect their things. Instead our group sits down at the tables eating our food we never got to finish.

"I have to take Ava to her doctor's appointment, I am nervous for her because this is the one where she gets the shots. But, I know that Dr. Martinez is the best so I shouldn't worry."

"Do you need me to take off the day?" She asks concerned as she bites into her roll. I shake my head at her not wanting to burden her with taking day off just for me, I need to grow a backbone and accept that fact that Ava will go through pain in her life.

"No, it's okay. I am actually going to ask Eric can he join Four and I. I know that they don't like each other but I just think that he needs to be there for his child and that time is now."

"Your sure about that?" Christina asks and I nod my head standing up handing Ava to Four, I walk over to Eric with my arms in my pockets.

"Hey Eric," I say making him stop dead in his tracks, he turns and crosses his arms over his head nodding at me.

"Stiff." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Look, tomorrow is Ava's appointment for her to get her shots and I want you there tomorrow. I just think that is the right think to do, I don't care if you come to any of her other appointments but this is her most important and I think that we need to be there for her, as her parents. She is going to have symptoms from the shots that aren't the best so I want her to feel loved."

"I see what I can do," He says and walk away making me return back to our table.