~Chapter 17~

My eyes excitedly skim over the menu of the Italian restaurant, after my appointment like planned we would get something to eat instead of going to the canteen.

"Hi, my name is Riley I will be serving you today. Can I start you off with some appetizers?" Riley, our waitress, says walking to our table. She has deep purple hair with a few scattered tattoo's that I can see since she has on a long sleeve shirt. She has a few piercings and she has brown eyes.

I guess in Dauntless you don't have to take out your piercings or hide your tattoo's because you see this everyday while walking in the pit. I guess you have to get used to it.

"You guys want to share the mozzarella sticks?" Christina asks and I nod my head excitedly, anything with gooey cheese I love.

"How many does it come with?" Lynn asks and Riley thinks for a second.

"About twenty." She says and we nod our head while she writes that down.

"Drinks? We have a ten dollar off special for our wine." She says and I shake my head.

"I can't drink, but I would like a apple juice please." I say while the girls decide to get the wine. If I wasn't pregnant I still wouldn't get the wine because I think that alcohol disgusting by itself.

"Are you ready to order?" She says and we shake our head, no. We just want to eat the appetizers first and talk then order since the food takes forever to get here.

"Alright, I will be back soon with your sticks." With that, she leaves and we start talking about the latest gossip. Shauna caught Eric drinking by the Chasm and before she could leave he threw up in the chasm. Then, Lynn filled us in on things happening at the fence she is not supposed to but she really doesn't care. She tells us how the couple that is out there with her does nothing but make out and she would love to push them over.

She also fills us in on a new list of people she hates and Emma was on there, not like it never was.

Christina lets her know how intimate she and Will is which makes my stomach turn, and during our chat Riley stops by and drops off of the breadsticks, mozzarella sticks, and our drinks all at once.

Shauna tells us about Zeke and how he wants to quit his job at the control room because it is boring and sometimes he has to do shifts without Four which really gives him more motivation to quit. Lastly, Marlene fills us in on how Uriah talks in his sleep about cake and sometimes she wants to sleep on the couch.

Then, Riley came back and we were finally ready to order.

I decided to get the Chicken Parmesan and Lasagna with a Greek salad. Christina got the Baked Ravioli Parmesan with a chicken salad. Shauna got wood grilled chicken with pasta on the side and a Caeser salad.

Lynn got a Margherita oven baked pizza with a fresh salad from the salad bar. Marlene ordered Veal Marsala with a regular salad and so far it is all so delicious since we decided to try each other's food.

"This apple juice is running straight through me." I say with a chuckle stand up signifying I have to go to the bathroom.

"I'll watch your food for you and no one told you to drink five glasses straight." Christina says setting for fork down.

"Whatever." I say with a chuckle and make my way towards the ladies bathroom. As I am walking I don't notice that I bumped into someone and my phone and ultrasound picture falls out of my pocket where it was safely being stored in. I don't think putting an ultrasound picture in your pocket is good, but I don't carry a purse.

"Excuse me." I say and when I look up I see that it is Four standing there with a little smirk on his face. Ugh, he must be here with Barbie, I mean Emma.

"It's okay, Tris." He says and bends down to help me pick up my stuff but my heart starts rapidly beating he is going to see the ultrasound picture and I am not ready for him to start asking questions, not now.

"Your pregnant?" He says in disbelief looking at the paper with pure shock written across his face, of course it's me idiot it has my name printed across the top.

"I-I-yes." I say with a sigh looking down to my boots and I can hear him angrily scoff.

"When did you plan on telling me?" He says and then I see even more anger filling his eyes, I never seen this part of Four before. Except when he helped me when Peter, Drew, and Al tried to attack me but he took me back to the dormitory's. "Who is the father?"

"Why does it concern you?" I snap trying to get the ultrasound picture out of his hand but he pulls it back, I am angry now and the fact that I really had to pee is gone.

"Who. Is. The. Father. Tris." He says stepping closer to me but I place my hands on my hips, staring at him bluntly as he peers down at me. Like I said plenty of times, I hate my height.

"Eric." I spit and he inwardly gasps like it hurts, I know it probably does to find out that one of your former Initiates is pregnant by your enemy. "No, he didn't rape me and we are not together. Now give me my pictures back."

He doesn't even acknowledge what I just said, his hand just slowly reaches out and grabs my shirt and lifts it up a little bit and sucks in a breath when he sees my belly. I push my shirt down and hold my hand out without looking up to him.

"Tris." He says his voice softer and I look up to him, "When did you plan on telling me."

He looks hurt, sad, angry, bewildered. It's too much to handle and I actually look back down at my shoes, unable to look up at him.

"I-I-I don't know. It wasn't going to be like this, you have more important things to worry about. Like your girlfriend, Emma." I say taking the pictures and my phone out of his hand. "You should get back to your company."

With that I go into the ladies room without turning my back to see him, I just keep on moving forward because I know if I was to turn around to see him I would collapse. This is not how I expected to tell him.