Chapter 53

_________________

Chapter 53

_________________

Two days left until the Ceremony, Kyokai was just organizing books in the library after school while Kyoya was busy with something "why can't they place the books correctly by themselves ?" She thought "books are like humans, right ? They can be full of thoughts and they are waiting for someone to read them" She looked to her left to see Ikuto reading a book "ah ? You can read ?" She said with a poker face "I'm not that dumb !" He said.

She sat down on the floor sighing and leaned her back against the bookshelves. He sat next to her "hey, can I ask you a question ?" He said "hm ?" She replied "how does your family keep approaching you, even though you keep pushing them away ?" He asked "I don't know the answer to that. I thought I was going to be alone, but then I met them. They can be loud and irritating, but they are also...lovable" she explained.

"What about Hibari ?" He said "Kyoya may be cold, but he still has a heart and cares a lot about me. He is extremely protective and reliable. He's always there by my side no matter what, that's what I like about him" she said "you think your alone, Kozato" he stared at her "but you've got your family. They might not give you full attention, but they still love you" she said "so cheer up" she ruffled his hair and stood up to leave.

He stared at the door then put his hand on his head "not alone ?" He said. He blushed "it's not that easy"

As Kyoya was brushing his teeth in the bathroom the next day, leaving the door open, he heard Kyokai talking through the phone "ah, I'll be there in ten minutes" Kyokai entered the bathroom wearing a black dress, his eyes widen "pff !" Kyoya spat the toothpaste in the sink.

Kyokai raised a brow "what's the matter ?" She asked "nothing" he said "listen, I'll be staying at my Dad's hotel today for the Ceremony tomorrow" she looked herself at the mirror to fix her hair "will you be fine ?" She said "yeah, one day won't be so painful" he said "can you help me zip up my dress ? I don't know why Dad picked up this for me" she gave him her back.

He slightly blushed at the sight of her exposed back "you shall never expose your skin to me, otherwise, I won't be able to hold myself" he whispered in her ear "I'll just let it slide this time" he smirked and zipped up her zipper.

She rolled her eyes "your suit is on my bed for you to wear tomorrow" she said and tried to tie her short hair "can you imagine ? Pervert Freak has a son. He's married" she said "great, so the son will be more like him" he said "don't say that" she said as she kept trying to tie her hair "let me" he stood behind her and tied her hair into a small ponytail "thank you" she smiled and exited the bathroom.

He followed her as she opened the door to leave. He leaned into the door frame and watched her making her way to the limo. She stopped and turned. She walked to him, pulled him down by the collar, slightly lifting herself up with her toes, and kissed his lips softly "I love you" she smiled.

He held her chin and kissed her "we'll continue this later" he smirked "we'll see" she smirked back and went to the limo.

=Time Skip=

It was the day of the Ceremony. Of course Kyokai was pretty busy by greeting all the mafia familia, the known and the unknown. She thought her jaw will fall if she kept fake smiling to the guests.

Once she spotted Tsuna's group, she walked to them "I'm glad you made it" she said "my cheeks hurt" she growled "I thought you would wear a skirt" Chrome said "I was until I begged my Dad" Kyokai sighed "Yamamoto, be careful with the sword. I'll tell the guards not take it from you" she said "oh !" Yamamoto smiled "hm" Kyokai thought there was something different about him, but decided to slide it.