Episode 7

———————————————————-

"Joe!" Nick called making Joe finally look away from the screen towards them, he looked from his brother to the girl he was stood next to. He recognised her from TV especially magazines when he reads about his brother. He won't admit it to anyone else but dropping the idea of joining a band with his brothers was one of his biggest life's regret. Demi looked back at him making Joe look away and back to the screen. "Um this is Demi, Demi this is Joe."

"Hi Joe." Demi greeted Nick sighing when all she got back was his hand coming up then back down by his side. Nick offered Demi to sit down which she did on one of the spare chairs Nick taking a seat on the couch next to his brother leaving the middle spare.

"How is your leg?"Nick questioned.

"It's my knee that got injured," Joe sighed this time looking at his brother than back to the screen. "What are you doing home?"

"Demi just finished her tour so we thought we'd come home for a little bit." Nick explained.

"Nick will you come grab these drinks?!" He heard a call from the kitchen, he sighed standing up here. He tried to get past Joe and his leg but he accidently knocked Joe's leg making him scream out in pain. Nick's eyes widened as he looked at his brother.

"I'm sorry!" He exclaimed as Denise rushed in and over to him.

"Are you okay?" She demanded to know seeing the pain on his face but he took in a deep breath nodding his head.

"I-I think the stitches have opened." He stammers because of the pain, Denise turned to Nick who was stood not far away from Demi.

"Why don't you give Demi a tour of the house?" She suggested knowing that Joe would need to take his pants off so they could see if the stitches had opened up again. Nick nodded his head exiting the room Demi following not too far away.

Nick grabbed his drink off the tray after handing Demi one. He took a seat up on the barstool near the counter Demi sitting up next to him. He felt bad for hurting Joe even though he didn't mean it. He had never felt so awkward in his life to when he entered the room but he knew Joe wasn't fully over never being able to play football again. He wanted his older brother back.

"Don't feel bad Nick it wasn't your fault." Nick sighed as Demi rubbed his back.

"I know but he's not gonna recover quickly now is it?" Nick asked a rhetorical question.

"I'm sure his knee will be just fine, you all just need to adjust to helping him out until it does." Demi reassured the two of them looking up at the door when it opened.

"I'm taking Joe to the hospital, his stitches have opened but don't worry Nick, it wasn't your fault." Denise explained.

"See I told you." Demi nudged him.

"I want to come." Nick stated standing up.

"I don't think that's a good idea Nick, just stay here with Demi were you can both be away from the reporters," Denise ordered softly, Nick just sighed again sitting on his stool. "We won't hopefully be long." Nick and Demi said goodbye before Denise left the room.

"Now what do you do for fun around here?" Demi questioned wanting to get his mind of his brother, she knew he still felt bad about hurting him even though it was an accident.

"According to Joe sitting in front of the telly watching Friends." Nick replied Demi laughing a bit.

"I should give you a tour, come on," Nick demanded getting off his stool again Demi soon following the two of them making their way into the hall and upstairs. "When I used to be home I used to share a room with Joe but now that Kevin has move out I have his room." Nick explained but they entered Joe's room anyway.

"It's not very big for two of you." Demi noticed.

————————————————————————

Comments please!