Episode 42

Sorry I hadn't posted earlier, Wattpad wouldn't let me for some reason. 

--------------------------------------------

Nick fell on his knees by Demi's side wiping his own tears, he took his jacket off his shoulder laying it over Joe to keep him warm before lifting his head up laying it on his lap so he was more comfortable. The cast of Camp Rock surrounded them their backs to them as reporters and the public started to show trying to block the view as much as they could. Nobody should have to see Joe like this. Demi whimpered when they started to see Joe coming around whimpering himself. Demi shushed him caressing his cheek.

"Me and Nick are here, stay still." Demi demanded, they could both see how much pain he was in, barely even able to speak. The wound was on the left side of his lower torso. Whoever shot him had clearly shot him there so he could suffer in pain but at the same time it was a better place for them. They had more time to get him to the hospital.

"I-I love you." Joe managed to choke out Demi even cracking a small smile taking his hand, Nick knew he was talking to the both of them including his family. Nobody knows whether he will make it though this, there were plenty of people praying for him.

"We all love you too Joe, hang on." Nick encouraged. It was within a couple more minutes that the ambulance arrived, Joe had fallen unconscious again mainly because of the pain but he was starting to lose too much blood.

Nick and Demi followed Joe into the hospital being with him the whole way until they weren't allowed to go any further. Neither of them wanted him to be alone in there, if he were to die he would die alone rather than with his loved ones surrounding him. Nick wrapped his arms around Demi as she wrapped her arms back around him crying gently into his chest. Nick was crying too finding it hard to stay strong for his best friend knowing that his brother was fighting for his life. He wanted to whisper some assuring words in her ear but he had none, he didn't know if he was going to make it and he didn't want to give her false hope that he would.

"I bet it was Jamie." Demi stammered as she pulled away from Nick slightly, their arms were still wrapped around each other but they could see one another's faces.

"The police have already been contacted and are investigating it now, if it was Jamie they will find him and he'll be thrown back in prison." Nick states.

"That doesn't stop Joe potentially dying, I wouldn't cope if he does Nick. I love him." Demi stressed but Nick shushed her kissing her head gently. He honestly didn't know what he would do without his older brother, knowing that he wasn't even a phone call away.

"I know my brother, I can't tell you that he will make it through this but I can tell you that he will do everything he can to make it through this. He won't give up without a fight, he has too much to live for including you." Nick explained letting go of her making her sit down in one of three chairs near Joe's room. He filled a plastic cup up with cold water before handing it to her.

"Thank you." Demi muttered bringing the cup up to her lips taking a sip before bringing her shaky hands back down taking in some deep breaths beginning to calm down.

"Now will you be okay here while I go call my parents?" Nick questioned.

"No you can't go, what if something happens?" Demi inquired.

"I'll just be outside, I'm not far away." Nick reassured.

"O-Okay." Demi stammered Nick leaning down kissing her head again before standing up straight bringing his phone out his pocket.

"I'll be five minutes if that." Nick kissed her head again before making his way down the corridor. Demi sighed running her fingers through her hair. She was sure it was Jamie, he swore to her that he would be back and take everything away from her that was special. Let her suffer the way he will have in prison. She also knew Joe was just the start. More suffering was yet to come until he felt satisfied that she couldn't cope no longer.

---------------------------------------

Comments please!