Episode 98

"Mommy having baby?" Gabe questioned up at his mother who smiled nodding her head gently. Gabe squealed hugging her making Demi smile more. She knew everyone was excited about the new member of the family but she didn't want to raise the baby by herself and Gabe, she wanted Joe to beat cancer so he could see it all. A life without Joe wasn't one she wanted.

"I'm going to the doctors after seeing Joe this afternoon just to double check but I've missed my period so I think I am." Demi explained.

"We're you planning for one?" Eddie questioned Demi shaking her head gently.

"We both wanted more children in the future, we just didn't plan when." Demi shrugged her shoulders gently. "Are Joe's parents coming down?"

"Yes, they should be on the plane now and are staying here for as long as they need. Nick has cancelled his show tonight and should be here a little earlier than his parents." Dianna explained Demi nodding her head gently kissing Gabe's head.

"Done!" Gabe exclaimed Demi clapping her hands to praise him.

"Well done baby boy, I'm sure this will make daddy feel better." Demi encouraged.

"Can I give it to him?" He questioned Demi sighing slightly but shook her head.

"Not quite yet baby, daddy needs to rest and is very tired. Maybe in a couple of days when he's hopefully feeling a bit better." Gabe pouted slightly nodding his head understanding. Demi just hoped all this wouldn't affect Gabe being the child he should be.

Demi wondered into Joe's hospital room seeing that he had already done for his treatment in the chemotherapy centre where cancer patients went. She took in a deep breath before sitting down on the couch, she knew Joe would want her here when he got back if she wasn't there when he went but they both knew he had gone earlier. Demi didn't bother picking a magazine up or her phone, she just daydreamed until she saw the door open and Joe's bed wheeled back through.

"A doctor will be in soon to check on you." The nurse stated Joe nodding his head before she left. Demi got up from the couch making her way over to the bed taking his hand.

"How was it?" Demi inquired biting her lip gently.

"Horrible," He mumbled, she could tell he had been crying. "There were kids there the same age as Gabe." Demi sighed running her fingers through his hair knowing that he liked it when she did it, it calmed him down a lot of the time. Soon enough she wouldn't be able to do this to calm him down, she's have to find another way.

"Gabe drew you this before lunch." Demi handed him a piece of paper that was folded in half, Joe smiled slightly opening it up running his eyes along the picture he had in his hands but tears rolled down his cheeks as he looked at it.

"My son is amazing," He murmured Demi smiling too as it fell down onto his lap. "I get to come home tomorrow if everything goes to plan." Joe turned his head to Demi who wiped his cheeks gently of tears on the verge of crying herself. She knew it wasn't good for her baby to be stressed like this especially when she wasn't far along.

"How often will you have to come back for treatment?" Demi questioned.

"Every Friday." Joe answered squeezing her hand gently.

"I hope they find a liver soon." Demi kissed his cheek, she'd give him hers if she could live without one but she couldn't. It wasn't like giving blood at all and even if they found one it might not be compatible for Joe's body to take.

"I hope so too." Demi leaned over pecking his lips gently.

"Get some rest." Demi demanded gently Joe's head falling back on the pillow, Demi watched as he slowly drifted off to sleep. She took the chance to sneak out so she could go to her appointment, to see how her baby was doing.

--------------------------------------------

Comments please!