Episode 10

"I haven't touched this thing in years," Joe mumbled taking it from her hands running his fingers along the frame, he had a smile on his face which gave Demi hope. He had come somewhat a friend over the time they had spent together and she just wanted him to be happy. They all knew he couldn't play football anymore and he needed something else to do so his mind wouldn't constantly be on football. Joe shook his head setting the guitar back in the wardrobe Demi sighing as he collapsed back down on the bed.

"I can't play guitar again, football is what I want to do." Joe insisted staring up at the ceiling but Demi could tell her was still thinking about picking the guitar back up. She knew that he was forcing himself not to play the guitar again.

"Come on Joe, Nick has told me how much you used to enjoy playing guitar. If you pick it up again then you have a new hobby and I don't think no injury could ever stop you from playing any instrument." Demi encouraged as she took the guitar in her hands beginning to tune it.

"It's not that I don't want to, I-I don't even know if I can play anymore." Joe stammered slightly, Demi just sat on the edge of the bed laying her hand on his thigh.

"You don't forget how to play an instrument Joe, you might not be as good as you used to be but you can grow as an artist again. What have you got to lose?" Demi questioned, Joe sat up on the bed leaning against the headboard Demi turning around on the bed so she was facing him again able to see his fingers fiddling with the bed sheets. He still had a bandage around his left knee where it was injured, just to give it some support.

"I feel as if I'm married to football and if I go pick that guitar again it will be like I'm cheating on football." Joe expressed but Demi couldn't help but laugh.

"If anything Joe football cheated on you for giving you the injury, most people have more than one hobby and you can too. You don't know what the future will be like, they might be able to give you a surgery to fix your knee but you never know so you need to live in the moment and decide what you want to do as a career." Demi explained Joe sighing. It took a couple more moments but Demi managed to get Joe to at least strum a couple of cords, it took a couple of minutes after that for Joe to get enough courage to carry on. He still didn't know if it felt right to him but he kept going until he begun strumming the tune to a familiar sound. A song he wrote when he was just seventeen. Demi was surprised when he opened his mouth beginning to sing.

(The song is at the top or wherever, yes I am aware that it's not a Jonas song haha)

Joe finished his song then keeping his hands still allowing the guitar to swing from his neck. The only thing stopping him from storming out was the smile on Demi's face. He never imagined himself doing anything like that in front of someone he hadn't known for long. Not even his family knew he wrote songs or used to. Demi felt different.

"Joe you have a beautiful voice," Demi complimented. "Did you write that song?" Demi inquired as he took the guitar off from around his neck sitting on the edge of the bed the guitar on his lap. Demi took a seat next to him.

"Yeah I wrote it when I was seventeen, has Nick told you the story about before he got the record deal?" Joe questioned Demi shaking her head. "Me and Kevin wrote a song with him and the record company thought it would be a good idea to sign us as a group. Kevin was up for it but me football was always my passion so it never happened." Joe explained

"But you regret it?" Demi guessed Joe nodding his head.

"That's why I never carried on playing guitar and concentrated on football. I watched Nick become the artist he was knowing that I could be up on that stage performing with my brothers." Joe confessed but cracked a small smile when Demi took his hand. He looked down at her as she gazed back up at him. They both begun leaning in until their lips were connected. Joe took the lead but Demi gladly kept the kiss going forgetting about everything that had just happened.

-----------------------------------------

Comments please!