Episode 3

------------------------------------------------------------

Joe stayed into the hospital only for a couple of hours to make sure that he was okay, he was tackled hard so they didn't know whether he would have concussion or anything but besides his leg injury he was fine. Joe didn't feel fine though, he wanted to go out on the field and play the sport that he loved but he knew that would just be a dream for him now. Paul and Nick help Joe up the path by allowing him to put as much weight on them as he needed, they wouldn't lie, it was hurting but if Joe put too much weight on either of his legs they knew it would hurt him even more. Denise had crutches in her hands as she followed but Joe was struggling to use them with his injuries. His whole body ached not just his legs and that included his arms. He felt like he had fallen off a roller coaster ride or something. Joe was helped down onto the couch where he lets out a sigh of relief as do Paul and Nick which Joe couldn't help but laugh at.

"Sorry." He grunted allowing his mother to lift his leg up placing it off the coffee table, he must be ill, he usually got lectured.

"You can't say sorry when you laugh!" Nick accused Joe sticking his tongue at him as Nick took a seat on the couch next to him.

"We'll be in the kitchen boys, call if you need anything." Denise said the brothers nodding their heads as Denise and Paul entered the kitchen. Joe sat back on the couch a little bit so he was more comfortable but it was hard with the aching pain in his knee and he knew it would only get worse as the painkillers wore off.

"How's your career?" Joe questioned, he had never really been jealous of his younger brother and what he achieved but he was proud. He knew he could be doing the same thing day and day out with their older brother but he was the one who decided to not go ahead with the band idea. It wasn't what Joe wanted from a career, football had always been his passion.

"It's good I guess, my new album is doing well. I was with Demi when I got the phone call about your accident so I'll be going back there in a couple of days." Nick explained.

"You know I thought when you became a famous pop star maybe we'd get to meet celebrities but you disappointed me." Joe confessed making Nick laugh.

"I'm sure you'll meet Demi one day, she's my best friend." Nick reassured.

"Fair enough, I would have played a way better Shane in Camp Rock." Joe spoke the confidence leaking out in his tone, Nick just laughed again. Joe had always been the funny one.

"You should have gone along with the band then!" Nick teased. "I'm going back on tour next year though hopefully with Demi if her new album does well."

"That should be fun." Joe mumbled calming down a little bit. He could feel his eyes becoming droopy as the day took over his body. It had been a long day and Joe wanted nothing more than for it to be over, he knew he wouldn't wake up with this injury gone.

"Go to sleep Joe, I'll be in the kitchen with mom and dad." Nick stated calm himself which just made him fall off to sleep. Nick covered him with a blanket before making his way into the kitchen where he saw his parents preparing for dinner which would be Joe's favourite. They hoped it would cheer him up a little more.

"Is he okay?" Denise inquired Nick  nodding his head.

"Sleeping." Nick said simply taking a seat up on the counter sitting on a bar stool. He begun talking to his parents about what he had been up to since he realised his new album. He was just excited about going on tour again and was looking forward to doing it with Demi, she was his best friend and to do a whole tour together would just be exciting. He was feeling bad for Joe not knowing what he could do next with his life. It seemed like he had everything sorted with doing football and now just one wrong tackle ruined it. Nick could now live off what he made but was carrying on for his own entertainment and commitment but he knew that Joe didn't even have enough to live on for the rest of his life. He just wanted the best for his older brother.

---------------------------------------------------

Comments please!