Episode 9

It had been a couple of days since Nick had arrived to keep his brother company, they had spent the time together not going out as such because of Joe's leg but spending time together at their parents' house. Joe had also been spending a lot of time with Demi getting to know her a little bit more, Demi was still on the mission to get Joe fully better but thought maybe it was a good idea to get to know him a little bit more. She could see herself becoming good friends with him one day.

"Look at you walking without support!" Demi cheered as Joe entered the kitchen on a Saturday morning. Joe stuck his tongue out at her.

"I'm not a little kid walking for the first time Demetria." Joe warned.

"It's nice to see you up though Joe without crutches or something, your leg feeling better?" Denise questioned wrapping her arm around his waist leaning her head on his shoulder because of the height difference. Joe smiled nodding his head even though she couldn't see.

"Yeah it is if Nick doesn't open the stitches again." Joe grinned his little brother shooting him a glare because of his comment.

"It was an accident!" Nick exclaimed everyone laughing. Joe pulled away from his mother taking a seat next to Demi, he was still limping a bit but at least he could walk.

"I discovered today your mom makes the best pancakes!" Demi exclaimed taking another forkful of homemade pancakes.

"Thank you sweetie." Demi gave her a smile.

"Mom has always been the best cook, wait until you try her lasagne!" Joe replied.

"That will be your granny's recipe." Denise stated placing a bowl of fruit and yogurt in front of her second eldest son knowing it was one of his favourites. He was still into eating healthy.  Joe begun eating with his spoon as the four of them begun a conversation. Joe had started to feel a lot better over the couple of weeks, he had so much support it was hard to stay depressed for long.

Demi will you be alright here if I go catch up with some old friends?" Nick questioned as he entered the living room where she was watching TV with Joe. Demi looked up from the screen at him nodding her head gently. She didn't want to stop him from catching up with friends when she was perfectly fine here with Joe and their mother.

"Yeah it's fine go, I have Joe to keep me company." Demi replied.

"Great I'll see you two later." Nick answered before leaving the house. Joe looked up from the screen this time over at Demi who looked at him to.

"Are we really just gonna watch TV for the rest of the afternoon?" Joe inquired Demi laughing slightly shrugging her shoulders.

"It's kind of nice to just relax for a bit, life is hectic you know." Demi stated.

"I bet it is but we should do something else." Joe begun getting off the couch Demi following his actions after switching the TV off. They both got up off the couch wondering upstairs into the room Joe was staying in while he recovered. His parents would only let him move back into his apartment when they knew that he was capable of looking after himself without causing a strain to his leg and making his recovery worse.

"You don't need him you know, he's a douche." Joe told her noticing her expression, she had broke up with Wilmer the night before and he could tell that she was down about it like he expected her to be. Demi looked up at him giving him a warm smile.

"Thanks." Demi leaned up kissing his cheek gently Joe smiling as she pulled away.

"You're welcome," Joe begun then carried on. "What should we do?"

"How about we begin by getting you a new hobby, maybe an old one?" Demi suggested going into his wardrobe pulling out his old guitar, it was exactly where Nick had told her it was. She blew the dust off it her eyes wondering over to Joe trying to read his expression.

————————————————————————

Comments please!