Episode 107

Everyone watched as Joe was taken into surgery. They didn't know if he would make it back out. Demi didn't want her dream to come true. They all stayed in Joe's room so the waiting room wasn't full, they were all prepared to wait however long it took for the surgery to be done with. They all wanted to know that Joe was going to be okay and be there for each other if he died on the operating table. They were staying positive though. Demi wanted him to be in Gabe's life and the new baby's, she wanted to be his wife for more than a couple of hours. She wanted to be his wife for a lifetime, this operation would change everything.

Demi, Nick, Denise and Paul watched as Joe was wheeled back though after the operation, everybody else had gone back home to watch over Gabe and ensure him that his father was okay for now. Danielle had been looking after him and Alena together. They all stood up as the doctor walked over to tell them how the surgery had gone but they were all relieved that Joe was with them, if the doctor had come without him they would know something was wrong.

"It took a little longer than expected but the surgery went well, his body has taken to the new liver well and he is expected to make a full recovery," The doctor explained smiling as the family shared some hugs. "He will need to come back once a month for a check up to make sure the cancer doesn't come back but besides that he will be able to leave just as soon as we're certain he has recovered well from the surgery." Everyone thanked him before he left knowing the nurses would be keeping an eye on him to make sure everything runs smoothly. Demi kept her arm wrapped around Nick as she leaned her head on his shoulder. Her eyes stayed on Joe knowing that he was going to be okay, they could have their life together and raise their children together. She was looking forward to the future with him. She knew he was the guy she was supposed to spend the rest of her life with. They were in a small conversation until they noticed Joe starting to wake up from the local anaesthetic, Denise held onto his hand so he knew that someone was there. His eyes opened but squinted because of the harsh light and let a groan escape his lips.

"How are you feeling?" Paul questioned Joe taking a couple of moments to reply.

"Rough." He mumbled.

"But you're going to be okay Joe, you don't need to worry about anything." A smile came along Joe's lips as he fell asleep again knowing that everything was going to be fine. It was the first time in a long while he got a decent amount of sleep.

Demi smiled as Joe laid his hands down on her flat stomach. It was so relieving to them knowing that Joe was going to be around for everything, that Demi was too. She had already announced this album would be the last and that she wouldn't be going on tour. She wanted to be there for her growing family. She's always wanted to be a mom.

"This baby could be our last one." Joe stated kissing her stomach gently before pulling her shirt back down and tangling their fingers together.

"I know," Demi sighed slightly, she always wanted three children but she didn't care about that as long as she had Joe. "I know but two children is still good, maybe we'll get a little girl."

"I don't mind what we have as long as he or she is as good as Gabe is." Joe grinned Demi smiling kissing his lips, Joe kissed back the two of them smiling through the kiss.

"I love you." She mumbled against his lips.

"I love you too." Joe mumbled back wrapping his arms around her as she pulled away but only by a couple of inches.

"I told you you'd make it through this."

"I had my family to think about, I'm not leaving you all this soon." He answered before connecting their lips together again Demi smiling through the kiss.

--------------------------------------------------

Comments please!