Episode 14

Joe stayed in hospital for a couple of days this time, he had badly damaged the muscle and has had to work it up a bit more before they could release him. He would still have to come back twice a week to see how it has improved and to learn some more exercises he could do at home to help. He could barely walk on the leg and had some crutches back. He had kept his promise with Demi though and was taking her to lunch, they were wondering down the streets not at a fast pace but at a pace which was suitable for Joe on his crutches.

"Sorry about the reporters, you get used to them." Demi stated knowing that they were following and snapping pictures of them.

"It's fine, we've had them at the house a couple of times when Nick was just starting out." Joe explained Demi smiling, she admired Nick for starting at such an early age. He was practically already world famous by the time they started Camp Rock whereas Camp Rock was Demi's first proper go at becoming famous.

"I told Nick there wasn't anything going on between us because I didn't know what your view was on it." Demi stated.

"I think family will be alright to know but maybe wait for me getting the death threats from your fans." Demi laughed as they entered the diner they would be staying at. She held the door open for him to enter then entering herself. They knew the reporters would be waiting outside for them to come out seeing if they could snap anything while they were in there too. Joe and Demi sat down scanning their eyes over the menu deciding what they wanted before Demi went up to go order for them.

"What was school like for you?" Demi questioned, she knew that Nick hardly went to a public school but Joe and his brothers had continued their school life as normal as they could with having a famous brother. Joe took a sip of his drink before setting it back down on the coaster, he enjoyed school if he was being honest but he enjoyed his job more not that he could even do that anymore. He wasn't sure what he wanted to do anymore.

"I went to public school like normal, I was captain of the football team as senior, I got mostly good grades so it was normal really." Joe explained.

"No girlfriends or anything?" Demi inquired.

"No I was gay in high school," Joe stated Demi quickly looking up at him seeing that he had a smirk on his face but soon started laughing at her reaction. "Got ya." He taunted.

"You scared me then!" Demi kicked him under the table knowing which leg was the bad one.

"No I wasn't gay and I didn't really have any long term relationships. With being on the Football team I had to train and make sure I had good grades. I was more of a family guy at school spending the night at home rather than at parties." Joe explained.

"So not really like a normal teenager?" Demi teased.

"I guess not with your younger brother being world famous anyway." Joe stated making Demi giggle. They both thanked the waitress as she set their plates in front of them both of them beginning to tuck into their lunch. They both just had a chicken salad, Joe still planned to keep healthy and eating a greasy burger wasn't a good idea. They spoke the whole time they ate making it take longer than it should really but neither of them are in a rush.

"What about desert, you fancy one?" Joe inquired as he took the menu in his hands again scanning over the desert section.

"I don't know, I was being really good today." Demi joked.

"We'll share one then." Joe suggested Demi nodding her head in agreement. It wasn't a special date or anything but they both enjoyed themselves because it was so simple. They could get to know each other without getting nervous and thinking that it was a date.

------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!