Episode 61

Demi laid back on the bed thanking Joe by kissing his cheek. She had already been weighed, measured and had her blood pressure done. She was changed into a hospital gown so it was easier to for the next process to be done. Demi got settled Joe holding onto her hand, they would get through this together whether there was a baby or not. There is still a chance that the tests were wrong but they knew it would be unlikely that was right.

"Okay Demi we're going to have to go up," Demi nodded her head knowing that it would be uncomfortable. The doctor did everything she needed to do to get the baby up before speaking again. "It will be extremely unlikely for you to spot the baby with no experience, you are only five weeks along so he or she isn't very big but there it is." She explained pointing towards the screen Joe and Demi's eyes moving their eyes to where she was pointing.

"Is everything alright?" We've been through a miscarriage months ago." Joe stated.

"I don't see any problems at the moment, I would go back to the doctors in a couple of weeks time if you have already miscarried a baby just to make sure everything stays okay." She suggested both of them nodding their head gently.

Joe and Demi made it back to the venue after getting a bite to eat. Now they knew that their baby was okay they could start telling people. Sadly they weren't in a position to be able to tell all families face to face because of where they are in the country but they would tell them over the phone not wanting to keep it a secret from their own families.

"Where did you guys go?" Nick questioned as he stood in the doorway of the room, they looked up at him Joe motioning for him to come over. He wanted his brother and girlfriend to get along just like they have been even before he came into the picture.

"We have something to tell you." Joe stated, Nick was hesitant but entered the room taking a seat near them. He would be the first person to know about the baby besides his or her's parents but they couldn't keep it a secret for long. Nick would know that they are hiding something and demand to know what was going on.

"What is it?" Nick questioned.

"Um me and Joe are having a baby." Demi revealed holding onto Joe's hand.

"Like now or in two years?" Nick questioned both of them not helping but laugh.

"Well in eight months, I'm not keeping a baby in there for two years." Demi laughed, Nick stood up running his fingers through is hair slightly as they stood up to a little worried that he wasn't taking it as well as they thought he would.

"I'm happy for you guys, it's just a lot to take in you know. I'm gonna be an Uncle again!" Nick exclaimed hugging them both. They laughed hugging him back.

"Wow your taking it better than Joe did." Demi grinned getting a nudge by her boyfriend.

"Why is he not supporting you?" Nick questioned.

"No Nick, I'm happy as well but your just giddy about it." Joe explained Nick laughing.

"I'm sorry about last night Demi and this morning, I guess I'm stressing a bit but clearly you two should be the ones who are stressing!" Nick exclaimed again.

"It's okay Nick." Demi hugged her best friend smiling as he hugged her back.

"Well I have to get ready for a show, I'll let you two talk this out." Joe stated kissing Demi on the lips before leaving the room so he could get changed into his clothes. Nick took in a deep breath before slumping down on the couch.

"Another baby in the family, mom is gonna be so happy! Who knows?" Nick inquired.

"Just you now, we're planning to call families tomorrow to let them know." Demi explained taking a seat next to her. She was happy that Nick had taken it well and she had her best friend back, she just hoped the whole world agreed with her baby.

------------------------------------------------

Comments please!