Episode 94

"Are you having a good time with daddy?" Demi questioned her son in her kiddie voice, it was only then she realised how much she really missed her son, she knew she missed him but now she missed him a lot more. Demi had a wide smile on her face as her three year old son started to tell her what he had gotten up to with his father over the past couple of days.

"Hey you weren't meant to tell her that!" Joe exclaimed Gabe giggling as he leant back against his father, Demi smiled. Demi talked to Gabe until he had fallen asleep against his dad. "I'll go lay him down, I won't be long." Joe stood up with the boy in his arms, he disappeared coming back not long later sitting back down.

"Are you okay?" Demi inquired Joe nodding his head, Nick had told her that he hadn't been feeling well over the last couple of days, she could see now that he didn't look well.

"Yeah I'm fine, you know when you're coming home yet?" Joe questioned back Demi shrugging her shoulders gently. It was hard for them as a family Demi being away but they would manage, Demi knew that he was trying to change the conversation so he wasn't worry her but she couldn't help but worry about him.

"Joe what's wrong?" Demi questioned Joe sighing.

"Nothing, I just haven't been feeling great." Joe admitted surrendering.

"Like how?" Demi questioned again.

"I just feel tired all the time, I haven't been feeling hungry either. I'm sure it's just a bug coming." Joe stated Demi sighing, it wasn't often Joe got ill, he was an healthy person. Did plenty of exercise and ate correctly. She didn't like to see him like this.

"Just make sure you eat and if you feel like this in a couple of days please go to the doctor," Joe nodded his head gently. "Have you vomited?" Joe sighed again knowing that he couldn't lie to her, she would know if he did.

"Yeah I have a couple of times today, I managed to keep Gabe from seeing it, I don't want him to worry about me or anything." Joe admitted.

"I'm sure my parents or your parents will take him tomorrow if you want to just rest for the day, you don't even look well so that might be a good idea." Demi suggested.

"Gabe is the one getting my mind of it, we're both fine. You don't need to worry about us."

"I love you both Joe, I'm going to worry." Demi lectured.

"I know, just have fun while your worrying, you deserve a break after all these years." Demi knew he was right but she couldn't have fun when she knew the man she loved was at home not feeling well, she didn't want it passing onto Gabe either.

"Get yourself to bed and have some rest, I'll call you tomorrow." Demi demanded.

"Okay I love you." Demi smiled again blowing him a kiss.

"I love you too." They both stopped the call before Demi took in a deep breath. She shut the lid to her laptop before making her way over to the bed. She was too tired to even change into her pyjamas so stripped into her underwear before burying herself into the duvet soon falling asleep.

Joe sighed as he heard Gabe crying from upstairs, he wasn't the easiest of boys to keep in bed, he got off the chair but gripped his head when he felt a wave of dizziness come over him. He begun to make his way upstairs but he didn't get very far until he couldn't go no longer, he collapsed down on the floor Gabe still crying upstairs.

"Daddy!" He cried getting out of bed opening the door running downstairs stopping when he saw his father laid down on the ground bleeding from a wound on his head from when he bashed his head on the cabinet on his way down. Gabe whimpered. "Daddy?" He repeated over and over again but Joe didn't move a muscle.

--------------------------------------------------

Comments please!