Episode 101

It took a couple of days for Joe to feel comfortable to even to walk without help, they knew it was going to be like this for a while. Joe would get a couple of days in the week where he felt better until Friday came when he would have his chemotherapy. He wanted to take these days to spend time with his family mainly Gabe knowing he missed his father playing with him. He still didn't quite understand why daddy wasn't himself.

"Hey buddy you want to play?" Joe questioned as he entered Gabe's room seeing him playing by himself, Gabe looked up at his father a smile on his face quickly nodding his head.

"You're not in bed?" Gabe inquired Joe shaking his head.

"Daddy feels better today, come on I know what we can do." Joe held his hand out Gabe running over taking it. Joe lead him down into the basement where Joe and Demi had a little music room set up, Gabe had always been interested in this room and loved watching his parents play. Joe could play the guitar still but had taken well onto other instruments and knew the piano and drums now thanks to Demi and Nick who had taught him. Joe sat down on the stool near the drums lifting Gabe up on his lap who seem amazed by the drum kit circling him.

"Uncle Nicky is good at the drums." Gabe stated.

"Uncle Nicky taught daddy how to play," Joe revealed taking the drum sticks in his hands beginning to hit them not too hard. Gabe had a smile on his face watching his dad play a beat trying not to use the pedal too much not wanting Gabe to fall over off his lap. "Do you want a go?" Gabe nodded his head quickly Joe taking the drums in the little boy's tiny hands but kept his around his Gabe giggling when Joe begun hitting the drums using his hands.

"Wow your good!" Joe exclaimed making him giggle more.

"You're doing it not me!" Gabe giggled Joe stopping taking his hands from around Gabe's so he could have a go by himself. Joe just watched with a smile on his face, he missed spending time with his son, it was what he loved to do wanting to keep the strong bond they have.

Joe and Gabe spent hours down in the basement Joe teaching Gabe how to play the drums and the piano, he came from a musical family so he was bound to lean at some point in his life and it was something Joe had always wanted to teach him. He was still a little too small for the guitar but he enjoyed watching his dad play for a while.

"And up!" Joe exclaimed lifting Gabe up the last step into the hallway before he ran off into the kitchen where Demi was preparing sandwiches for lunch.

"Mommy daddy taught me how to play the drums and the piano!" Gabe had the biggest grin on his face as he looked up at Demi who smiled looking down at him.

"I heard, you pair were noisy!" Demi accused seeing Joe enter the room.

"If you want fun you have to be a little noisy don't you Gabe." Joe stated.

"Yeah!" Gabe ran over to Joe hugging his legs before Joe picked him up. "Thank you for teaching me."Gabe wrapped his arms around Joe's neck laying his head on his shoulder. Joe smiled knowing he was getting a look from Demi telling him he needed to be resting after the last couple of hours but he wanted to spend time with his son.

"You're welcome, let's go watch telly so daddy doesn't continue getting nasty looks from mommy." Joe grinned at Demi before entering the living room sitting down on the couch with Gabe in his lap. He switched the telly onto something that Gabe would like. He wanted to spend as much time with his son as he could not knowing if he would be around for much longer, he wanted to keep the same relationship with his son through these hard times but he was young and Joe realised that he might not understand what was going on, he could become hurt or frustrated and there wasn't anything Joe could do about it. He just hoped he was around long enough to see Gabe be the best big brother he could to his little brother or sister.

-----------------------------------------------

Comments please!