Episode 39

Wilmer stood in the doorway a tray in his hands staring at them. He had mixed emotions, jealousy because he knew he still had feelings for Demi but at the same time he was happy for them. All he wanted was for Demi to be happy and she seemed beyond happy with Joe, he was treating her right and that's all he cared about. If Demi really did feel love for this guy then he would be more than happy to step back and be her friend instead. He knew it would be hard for him to see her with another guy but he had Demi in mind. Demi pulled away from Joe her eyes meeting Wilmer knowing what he was thinking about. Whether she thought Joe could be the guy she should be with for the rest of her life. She replied with a simple head nod. Wilmer gave her a smile setting the drinks on the table behind the couch mouthing to her that he was going to leave when he did Joe looked towards the door then turning back to Demi.

"Wilmer just left." Demi assured him Joe nodding his head.

"I'm going to protect you from him Demi, I mean Jamie. I'm not letting him lay a finger on you." Joe spoke but Demi could hear the seriousness in his voice, Demi cracked a smile kissing his lips gently. Joe kissed back but then pulled away.

"Thank you for being so supportive Joe, I know a bunch of guys would have just walked out after hearing that." Demi breathed.

"Never," Joe stated. "The only reason I'd walk out on you is to find him and beat him to death." Demi smiled again leaning her head on his chest. Joe smiled this time leaning his head down on hers as they continued to embrace each other but that didn't stop the fear that Jamie was out there and quite possibly after her. He was part of the reason she went through what she did as a teenager and it was bring bad memories back.

"Right come on, we're done being lazy and moping around. We are going out for dinner and nothing is going to put us down." Joe demanded standing up, Demi couldn't help up suppress a laugh. They had been stuck in th apartment for days now feeling sorry for themselves after losing their child and hearing the news that Jamie was out of prison.

"Do you think that's wise if Jamie is out there?" Demi inquired.

"He will be out there tomorrow and the next day and the day after that. We can't just lock ourselves in here for days because he's out there, we'll go crazy. You have security, just let them know that he is out and they can keep an extra eye on you." Joe demanded again.

"And you Joe, I can't lose you either." Demi stood next to him holding his hand pecking his lips gently, Joe smiled as she pulled away.

"You won't lose me, I'm just starting to feel cooped up that's all." Joe explained Demi nodding her head. She didn't know if she felt quite ready to go out after the miscarriage and the news that Jamie is out but she knew Joe was right. They couldn't hide in her apartment the whole time. She just didn't want to face the reporters that she knew were waiting outside for her. Nobody still knows why she was in hospital.

"Okay let's go." Demi breathed.

"I won't let anybody touch you, not Jamie nor any reporters okay?" Joe promised Demi nodding her head kissing his cheek this time.

"I'm just going to have a shower and change into something less lazy, I won't be long." Demi stated letting go of his hand making her way into the bathroom. Joe slumped back down on the couch finding something to watch but his mind was on Demi. He couldn't help but worry that maybe she wouldn't be able to cope with the loss of their first child and with Jamie being out there. He would be there for her as much as he could but he was starting to think that maybe he wasn't enough, he had an idea. He picked the phone up ringing a familiar number from his phone hoping that together they could arrange this on such short notice.

-------------------------------

Comments please!