Episode 106

Sorry I didn't post yesterday, I was coming home from my holidays! :)

-------------------------------------

Demi blinked back tears as she sat in the hospital waiting room thinking about what could happen if Joe doesn't get this liver sooner. She was so happy that she was now married but she wished that she didn't have to worry about her husband dying before they could even live their life out. She turned to Nick who was sat next to her as he turned to her.

"What were you thinking about? You've been out for ages." Nick stated Demi sighing.

"J-Joe dying, I hope they found a liver, I can't lose him like in my day dream." Nick sighed wrapping his arm around his best friend allowing her to snuggle into his arm.

"We've been in this situation before you know." Demi smiled slightly knowing how much Joe has been in hospitals over the years, he never got ill but her knew how to get himself hurt. Hours pass by and nobody was showing signs of telling them how Joe was doing, it was just after their wedding, Joe and Demi should be at their reception not at the hospital waiting to see if the hospital can do anything to make Joe more comfortable.

"Excuse me," Denise stated as a nurse wondered past, they recognised her looking after Joe when he first came in. The nurse stopped turning to Denise as she wondered over. "I was just wondering how my son, Joseph Jonas was, we've been waiting for a couple of hours."

"Sorry about that," She scanned over her clipboard before looking back up. "He's scheduled for a surgery at nine this evening, a liver transplant." She explained a smile coming to her lips, she wanted to burst out crying of happiness but she couldn't, not here.

"Could we see him?" Denise inquired.

"Sure, just be careful." They parted their ways Denise making her way back over to the family. The smile on her face indicated that it was good news.

Everyone decided that Denise and Demi would see Joe first, they didn't want to overwhelm him or anything. It seemed as if the hospital had found a liver and Joe was finally going to get better. The cancer hadn't spread anywhere and with his new liver he could live the life out he should. So Demi's dream didn't come true.

"Oh Joe," Denise cooed as they entered the room seeing that he had been crying, she rushed over giving him a big hug. "Everything will be okay, you don't have to worry about anything else." She kissed his head gently before pulling away.

"Besides making it through this surgery." Joe sighed smiling up at Demi taking her hand, he tangled their fingers together able to feel her wedding ring on his hand.

"What do you mean?" Demi questioned.

"The doctor said I'm weak to take into surgery but I told him to go ahead with it anyway, it's either die in surgery or die of cancer right?"

"If that's what you want," Denise leaned over kissing his cheek. "I'll go tell everyone how you are." With that Denise left the room leaving Joe and Demi together, Demi watched as Joe begun to play with her fingers a smile on her face.

"Sorry your wedding day is ruined, I bet this isn't how you wanted it in the first place." Joe sighed but looked up when Demi told him so leaning over kissing his lips gently. Joe kissed back before pulling away leaving them both smiling.

"Sure it wasn't what I imagined it when I was a little girl but I don't care Joe as long as I married a guy I'm in love with." She pecked his lips gently again,

"I love you too, just look after our kids if I don't make it through this." Joe stated.

"Of course, I'd tell them all about you but I'm pretty sure Gabe would remember anyway. He's daddy's little boy," Joe grinned before laying his head down on the pillow. "Get some rest before the surgery." Joe nodded his head gently closing his eyes soon falling asleep knowing that everybody who cared about him was outside.

-----------------------------------------------------

Comments please!