Episode 12

"I think that would be a good idea for him." Nick admitted. He knew his brother needed to do something else to get his mind of what his heart really wants to do and Nick knew from experience that his brother was a great guitar player and he wasn't scared of crowds so would be able to be up on the stage and not get scared. It would be great for him to move on with his life and possibly find something he wants to do for the rest of his life.

"Really?" Demi questioned Nick nodding his head.

"He needs to learn that he can't play football anymore and I think this is something serious that he could do," Nick explained. "Why have you managed to get him to play for you?"

"Yeah I mean it took some convincing that he wasn't cheating on football if he played the guitar but he did play for me." Demi laughed along with Nick.

"I'm so gonna tease him about that." Nick taunted Demi slapping his arm.

"Leave your brother alone," Demi demanded leaning back on the couch some more beginning to watch TV again as Nick did as well but his eyes were on her and not the screen. He had a smile on his face not believing how much she had been through but he couldn't deny how proud of her he was. For fighting through her battles. "Why are you looking at me like that?" Demi questioned without moving her eyes from the screen making her jump slightly, she couldn't help but laugh.

"No reason." Nick replied allowing her to lean her head on his shoulder. Demi prayed that Joe wouldn't get jealous between her and Nick. They were both just friends and Nick knew that but they were close and Demi would always choose friends over guys.

It was around one in the morning the whole house was awoken by a painful scream coming from outside. Demi rushed off Nick's bed over to the window where Nick soon joined her, they looked outside seeing Joe laid down on the grass a football not far away from him. They all rushed outside seeing their parents were already down there rushing to his side.

"Joe what do you think you are doing?" Denise demanded to know as they bent down by his side to see to him but Joe was in too much pain to speak. Tears were screaming down his face as he started to forget how to breath. Demi bent down by his side holding onto his hand as his mother had the other one already demanding to Nick that he called an ambulance.

"Take deep breaths." Demi instructed.

The ambulance soon arrived the paramedics lifting Joe up on the gurney so they could take him off to hospital. They had already given him some pain relief to help with the pain, they knew that he had kicked the ball even though he was told by the doctor that he shouldn't. He was a little more comfortable now able to sleep.

"Why did you do it?" Demi questioned Joe moving his head from the other side to face her seeing Nick stood next to her.

"I-I can't not play football, nobody understands." He mumbled.

"I don't think you have any hope now Joe, you've probably ruined your chances." Nick stated being harsh with his brother, Demi just pushed him away demanding that he goes back in the house. Demi sighed leaning down kissing his cheek gently.

"Don't listen to him but you shouldn't have done it Joe," Demi stated too Joe closing his eyes. He knew nobody would understand but he knew now he might have permanently damaged his leg with no hope of it ever recovering right.

"I just have No control." He murmured as the paramedics wheeled him up onto the ambulance Denise already there to hold his hand through this tough time. Demi watched as the doors closed behind him and the ambulance sped off to see if the doctors could save his leg.

--------------------------------------------------

Comments please!