Episode 35

Joe sat back on the couch rubbing his face gently trying to hold back his tears as Demi slept on the bed. He couldn't sleep after what had happened. He knew he didn't have to be strong anymore so just let the tears fall. Neither of them felt ready to be parents until they were so close to becoming one and now they just wanted it even more. They were still young and had plenty of time for children but that didn't stop how close they had gotten over the past couple of weeks. Joe laid back down on the couch his arms coming over his head not even attempting to wipe the tears rolling down his cheeks, they landed on his shirt soaking it up. He eventually fell to sleep after having a good cry.

Joe sighed putting his book down as he heard a sob come from the bathroom. He got up from the couch making his way over to the bathroom door knocking on it gently.

"Demi open the door, it's me." Joe demanded but his voice was soft and comforting, he heard the door unlock and saw it open revealing Demi who had tears rolling down her cheeks again. He wrapped his arms around her bringing her into a tight hug. She hugged him back crying into his chest.

"It's gone." She stammered but Joe had already guessed that the baby had passed, they knew at six weeks their child wasn't big but big enough that Demi could feel them leave her body.

"You go lay back down and I'll get a nurse okay, we can get out this place sooner." Joe kissed her head gently pulling away from her. Demi made her way over to the bed laying down bringing the cover over her body. Joe soon came back with the nurse that had been looking after them, she entered the bathroom as Joe laid down on the bed next to her bringing her into his arms again Demi laying her head on his chest.

"Do you think it was a boy or a girl?" Demi questioned.

"Don't think about that sort of thing Demi, it will just make you more upset." Joe stated kissing her head gently.

"I've always wanted a little boy." Demi admitted ignoring him. Joe couldn't help but smile but stayed quiet. Joe closed his eyes when he saw the nurse exit the bathroom, he knew his baby was gone now and there was nothing nobody could do about it.

Joe and Demi made it home that afternoon not even caring about the reporters waiting for them outside, how they knew she was here they didn't know but they ignored them all the way back to Demi's apartment. They were surprised when the door was open, they entered soon seeing Nick entering the hall a worried expression on his face.

"What's going on? It's all over the news that Demi Lovato was rushed into hospital last night." Nick explained Joe sighing as he lead Demi over to the couch sitting her down then taking the seat next to her, Nick could see how depressed both of them looked, Nick also took a seat as they both stayed quiet. They knew he needed to be told but it was hard for them to talk about at the moment.

"Demi was pregnant and she didn't know until it was too late. She had a miscarriage last night which is why we were at the hospital." Joe explained both of them seeing Nick's concerned expression turning to a sympathetic look.

"Oh guys I'm sorry." Nick mumbled.

"It's fine Nick, there was nothing anybody could have done. We're just both a bit down about it." Joe stated Nick nodding his head, he didn't expect anything less.

"I'm going to go lay down." Demi murmured pecking Joe's lips before heading into her bedroom slumping down on the bed. Joe knew she wanted to be alone for now.

"If you need anything just call and tell Demi she doesn't need to rush into coming to tour meetings." Joe gave his brother a smile thanking him. They needed as much support from family and friends as they could at the moment. Joe just hoped it wouldn't affect their relationship knowing that sometimes situations like this do tear a couple apart.

---------------------------------------------

Comments please