Episode 85

Time flew by, months went by until Demi was two weeks over her due date. They had finished the tour months back leaving Demi a couple of months spare to just relax in the house she had moved into with Joe. The pregnancy had gone well, no problems had occurred, no trips, no false labour or anything. The only problems that were occurring for Demi was pains and they both knew that was normal. They had stuck to their word and they still didn't know what they were having and Demi had already planned to give birth naturally but if their son or daughter didn't come soon the doctors wanted to induce her. Joe's family had come down to Texas just before Demi's due date which was July sixteenth, it was now the thirtieth and nothing had happened.

"Morning gorgeous." Joe greeted as he entered the room a tray in his hands after he had made Demi breakfast, she pretty much lived in bed now only getting up to take walks around the gated community where she couldn't be disturbed. Demi smiled as he entered the room more passing her the tray sitting on the edge of the bed himself.

"Morning." Demi greeted as she begun to eat.

"How did you sleep?" Joe inquired Demi sighing swallowing before answering.

"Not well, I couldn't get comfortable and neither could squish. He or she kept moving around." Demi stated Joe sighing this time kissing her head.

"Not long now." Joe assured her.

"You said that last week and still no baby, I just want them out, I can't take much more of this." Demi complained letting her head hit the head board, Joe took her hand squeezing it gently.

"I know it must be hard but you just have to think about how it will be worth it in the end, we'll have our baby Dem and you won't have to go through all that again until you want another baby." Joe grinned slightly making Demi laugh.

"Yeah even though I'm extremely tired all the time and ache in places I didn't know I had it will be worth it and I'd gladly go through it again to have more children with you." Demi explained.

"That's the sprit!" Joe exclaimed getting a kick from his girlfriend, he smiled leaning over kissing her lips before pulling away. "I love you."

"Unfortunately I love you too." Demi joked laughing again as Joe acted hurt, she knew he was going to be a great father when the time finally came and would continue as he or she grew up. She didn't have to worry about him not being great to their son or daughter.

"Still not time then?" Nick questioned as he entered the house Joe holding the door open for him. Joe shook his head gently closing the door behind him. He felt shattered too, having to do all the cooking and cleaning but he still knew that he was the one who was better off. Demi had gone for a nap already and would probably have one again through the day.

"He or she really likes it in there." Joe complained the two of them making their way into the living room where they took a seat after Joe had gotten them a beer each.

"How long are the doctors leaving it until they want to force the labour?" Nick inquired.

"I think in the next couple of days, she's having a nap now but she's so uncomfortable all the time it's hard for her to get any sleep." Joe explained.

"Turns out they aren't as outgoing as Demi thought they were." Nick grinned slightly.

"Yeah probably," Joe begun. "I can't believe it's been over a year still." Joe ran his fingers through his hair gently. They had celebrated their one year anniversary in February and it was fast approaching to be eighteen months, a year and a half. It didn't seem like that to either of them but they couldn't deny how much they have enjoyed themselves and would continue as they welcomed their first child to the family and continued their lives together. They couldn't see themselves with anyone else.

"It's a new record for you." Nick decided Joe shaking his head gently.

"You're telling me! After three weeks I broke the record!" They both laughed as they drunk their beer.

------------------------------------

Comments please!