Episode 34

"I believe you baby girl, don't worry. We're just going to get you to the hospital as soon as we can and with the least amount of people as possible seeing us. Where are your keys?" Joe questioned kissing her head gently. He was terrified too but he knew that Demi was the one going through this and he needed to be strong for her. At the end of the day if she is miscarrying their baby it was their baby and they would both need to mourn.

"In the bowl near the door." Demi managed to choke tears running down her soft cheeks as Joe begun to head towards the door. She had heard about this before and knew she was miscarrying a baby. Her baby. She knew she had plenty of time in the world to have a baby but she didn't want any baby. She wanted this baby. Even if her career has just started to turn so well. Joe grabbed the keys from the bowl before heading towards Demi's car which was parked in the underground car park underneath the apartment. He sat her down in the passenger side before rushing over to drivers side climb in starting the car, he put the seatbelt on as he begun to drive off.

"I'm so sorry Joe." Demi muttered.

"None of this is your fault Demi, hey the doctors might even be able to save them yet so let's stay positive." Joe encouraged but Demi shook her head.

"I-I feel like I need to push." Demi stammered Joe taking her hand caressing the back with his thumb driving the best he could with one hand. He shushed her as she cried harder, he had to hold back his own tears. Not just because what was happening but seeing Demi like this, he had never seen her like this before and he didn't want to see her like this again.

"Help my girlfriend!" Joe exclaimed as he rushed into the hospital Demi in his arms again close to his chest. A team of nurses rushed over one with a wheelchair, he sat her down in it keeping hold of her hand as they begun to rush down the corridor to a room after Joe telling them that this needed to be as private as they could make it.

"What's wrong?" One of the nurses questioned.

"She woke up with a bad pain in her stomach, she started bleeding not long later and I rushed her here. She thinks she might be miscarrying a baby." Joe explained.

"And your her partner?" He questioned again Joe nodding his head squeezing Demi's hand as she whimpered. "Let's get an ultrasound set up and see if we can see what's going on.

Demi was laid back on a hospital bed as she held onto Joe's hand tight, she had stopped crying by now but was still in slight pain and she still felt as if she needed to push. She had never felt a pain like it and she had been through a lot in her lifetime. Demi's eye's glistened with tears as the screen came up the two of them seeing a very faint blob on the screen. They knew that it was their baby but they couldn't stay happy remembering why they were here.

"Is he or she okay?" Demi dared to ask.

"By the size I'd say you are about six weeks along, let's see if we can find a heartbeat." The nurse suggested Demi sitting up slightly so the nurse could wrap a strap around her middle. She laid back again when she was done taking hold of Joe's hand again. Joe squeezed it gently leaning over kissing her sweaty forehead. Demi suppressed a slight smile but she was tired and just wanted to go home preferably knowing her baby was safe inside her. They watched as the nurse flicked a switch staying still as if they should be able to hear anything. They couldn't. Demi let out a sob knowing that their baby had already gone before they could even attempt to save them. Before she even knew she was pregnant and before she could get to know her child.

"I'm sorry, there's nothing else I can do." The nurse spoke sympathy oozing out in her voice but it didn't make them feel any better. They had just lost their first child together before even knowing of their existence.

------------------------------------------

Comments please!