Episode 36

Nick felt the need to stay with Joe and Demi for as long as he could hoping that he could cheer them up even the slightest but by the time Demi had got up from her nap Joe decided he would go for his own nap. They were both up until quite late last night and didn't get up late either. Demi took the seat next to Nick a coffee now in her hands. She physically felt better after a sleep but emotionally she still felt depressed, she wanted to know that he baby was okay.

"Feel better?" Nick questioned Demi nodding her head.

"I'm a little worried about Joe though, I haven't seen him have a proper cry about it." Demi admitted taking a sip of her coffee before setting it down on the coffee table.

"He probably has but when you were asleep or not around, guys like to be the stronger one and comfort their girl rather than making her think that there is something really wrong. Trust me, he's as devastated about it as you are but guys express their feelings differently and think about others around them before they do." Nick explained.

"I guess that makes sense," Demi stated leaning back on the couch. "Can you try and keep this to yourself, I don't really want it leaking out."

"Sure, it's your business not mine." Nick replied.

"It's kind of your business, it was your niece or nephew." Demi stated.

"I never thought about it that way," Nick admitted leaning back on the couch. "Our parents are coming down for a couple of days with Frankie, just to make sure your coping alright." Demi groaned throwing her head back.

"I don't want any fuss, I know they mean well but I just kinda want to forget about it." Demi confessed but Nick took her hand kissing her head gently.

"You're not going to forget about this anytime soon Dem, just be there for each other and take the support people are giving you. I understand you not sharing it with the world but families deserve to know and you need to at least tweet something saying that you are fine. Fans are freaking out." Demi nodded her head cracking him a small smile.

"Thanks Nick, I'm sure Joe appreciates the support as well." Nick smiled too kissing her head again, he would always be there for his best friend and certainly his brother.

Joe wondered out the bedroom a couple of hours later after a shower and changing into a set of clean clothes. He cracked a smile when he saw Demi spread out on the couch watching TV. He made his way over lifting her legs up taking a seat before laying her legs down on his thighs, he laid his hands on her legs greeting her as she greeted him.

"Feel better?" Demi questioned Joe nodding his head.

"Is Nick gone?" Joe inquired.

"Yeah he went home for a bit but I invited him over for dinner, he's picking it up on his way back." Demi explained, she felt a lot happier now that she was getting her mind away from the loss of her child but she knew it would always be in the back of her mind.

"I hope you don't mind my parents and Frankie coming down." Joe stated.

"At first I just didn't want to be fussed but Nick reminded me that I won't be forgetting about it anytime soon and I should take the support. My only wish was that I knew our child was there, then I could have spent some time with them. Knowing their existence before they had to go." Demi admitted Joe smiling slightly.

"We'll have kids in the future Dems, they will be amazing too but for now let's get over this stage in our lives, go on tour and have a fucking good time. We'll concentrate on the grown up things in the years to come." Joe explained Demi not helping but laugh.

"Sounds good to me." Demi stated smiling as he leaned over kissing her gently. They knew they wouldn't get over it quickly but it was a step forward in the right direction.

--------------------------------------------

Comments please!