Episode 95

"Daddy sleeping." Gabe mumbled over the phone, he had been told if there was an emergency to call Dianna and Eddie's house using speed dial. They were closest and more likely to be in, Nick had brought a house over here when Joe and Demi moved so he could be close to his brother and best friend but he was still away on business. He had released a couple of albums in the three years.

"Gabriel Adam why aren't you in bed?" Dianna lectured over the phone.

"Daddy sleeping." Gabe repeated.

"Honey where is daddy? Is he okay?" Dianna inquired.

"Daddy bleeding." Dianna's eyes widened slightly sitting up in her chair, it was then she thought something was wrong and that Gabe hadn't just picked the phone up randomly without Joe knowing. Eddie looked at her concerned that something was wrong.

"Gabe where is daddy bleeding?" Eddie got up straight away grabbing his keys once he had heard, Dianna stood up too but kept onto the phone with her Grandson as they made their way out of the house locking the door behind them.

"Head." Gabe murmured tears running down his cheeks still as he gripped onto his stuffed giraffe, he sat down on the floor next to Joe laying his head down on his chest able to feel his head move up and down as Joe inhaled and exhaled.

Dianna stayed on th phone with Gabe as Eddie drove, they parked up behind Joe's car rushing into the house seeing straight away Joe's body laid down on the floor Gabe still having his head on his chest but got up when he saw them running over to his Grandmother hugging her legs until she lifted him up rubbing his back gently.

"I'm going to lay him down, call an ambulance." Dianna stated making her way up the stairs.

"No daddy!" Gabe screamed but Dianna shushed him as he squirmed in her arms, it broke her heart hearing him calling out for his father. Eddie called an ambulance before bending down to Joe's level shaking him gently.

"Joe can you hear me?" But still Joe made no sign of movement or to be waking up any time soon. Eddie sighed feeling worry for the boy he had started to see as his own son. Dianna wondered back down not long later after Gabe had cried himself to sleep.

"You go with him, I'll stay here and look after Gabe. Is he breathing?" Dianna inquired.

"Yes but it looks like he's knocked himself out so he won't wake up, he'll be fine Dianna." Eddie wrapped his arm around her waist as they waited for the ambulance.

Demi was awoken a couple of hours after she had gotten to sleep by her phone ringing on the bedside table. She always kept it on now in case Joe had to contact her if something was wrong with Gabe. She picked it up straight away seeing that it was her father, it wouldn't be something not serious at this time, she was still in the same time zone as they were.

"What's wrong with Gabe?" Demi demanded to know.

"It's not Gabe Demi, it's Joe," Eddie revealed Demi sighing knowing that he wasn't really well when she finished the call with her that night. "It seemed like he collapsed at home, he hit his head on the cabinet and knocked himself out, Gabe phoned us."

"Aw my poor baby, is he okay?" Demi questioned. "And what about Joe?"

"Gabe is asleep at home with your mother and I'm at the hospital with Joe now, they are running tests to see why he collapsed." Eddie explained Demi sighing.

"What if it's something serious?" Demi ran her fingers through her hair.

"Then you need to be there for him as well as the family, he'll be fine though Demi." Demi knew her father was right, she'd have to be there for Joe if it was something serious, she couldn't go on tour and be there for her fans because she'd have to be there for the man she loved.

-------------------------------------------

Comments please!