Episode 89

Joe was led into a room where Demi was recovering from her C-Section but he smiled when he saw how well she looked compared to before she went for the surgery. She had colour in her skin and she looked as if she was sleeping rather than unconscious, he wondered over to the bed taking hold of her hand wanting her to know that he was here seeing the nurse leave through the corner of his eye. He leaned down kissing the corner of her mouth before moving some hair out of her eyes.

"We have a little boy Demi, you have the little boy you wanted." He told her and that was when he begun to see her wake up coming around from the local anaesthetic. A groan escaped her lips as she felt how rough she feels but she also felt a hand holding her own. He eyes opened her eyes welling up with tears when she saw Joe stood there.

"J-Joe." She stammered.

"I'm here baby girl, you don't need to worry about anything. Everything is okay." Joe assured her leaning over kissing the side of her head. Demi's vision became less blurry seeing that it was her boyfriend, alive and she just weren't imagine it.

"J-Jamie said he killed you and Nick." Demi spoke but Joe could see how weak she was, just needing to sleep for a couple of hours to get over what her body had experienced.

"And you believed him? Demi me and Nick are both fine and so is our son. Go to sleep." Joe demanded softly but that was all Demi needed to fall asleep. Joe stayed by her side holding her hand the whole time until she woke up again.

Demi had a little bit to eat before she was allowed to finally meet her son. She was aware that her son was fine and that they had a little boy. She just needed to meet him now. Joe was sat on the edge of the bed next to Demi his arms wrapped around her as she leaned into him. She was still a little emotional after what had happened.

"He won't bother us again, he's going back to jail." Joe stated as she explained what the police had told him when he got to the house.

"I'm just glad you and Nick are okay, I don't know if I could live without both of you." Demi admitted smiling as she felt a kiss on her head.

"I felt the same when they told me what Jamie had done." Joe answered.

"I love you Joe." Joe smiled this time holding her tighter but not too tight that it hurt her.

"I love you too Demi, so much." He managed to speak before the nurse came in holding a bundle of blankets. They both had smiled on their faces as she made her way over to the bed, Demi couldn't see him properly until he was laid in her arms.

"I'll come by later and pick him up, we can have a go at breast feeding him too." The nurse stated the two of them thanking her before she left. Demi held the newborn in her arms her eyes laying down on her son, he was awake but content. He just had his diaper changed but was due a feed soon which Demi would give him before he had a nap again.

"He looks so much like you, I told you we'd have a little you running around." Demi grinned Joe smiling kissing her head admiring his son too.

"It's just a good job Jamie stabbed your left side and not your right otherwise our little man might not be here." Joe stated.

"Can we just forget about him? I want to concentrate on raising him together." Demi demanded.

"That sounds like a good idea, he's going to prison and he can't hurt us anymore," Joe begun. "I think Gabriel suites him." Demi smiled again leaning down kissing her son's head.

"Yes it does." Demi cooed.

"Gabriel James Lovato." Joe spoke but Demi shook her head gently.

"Gabriel Adam Jonas." Joe smiled too leaning down kissing her head again before kissing Gabe's head. They were just glad that everything was okay.

-------------------------------------------------

Comments please!