Episode 102

It was a couple of weeks later when Joe and Demi had finished planning the wedding, Demi did most of the work but Joe had his own opinions in there as well. It was hard for everyone to see how much pain Joe was in on a Friday and over the weekends as he has his chemotherapy but they were being so supportive for him when he felt at his worst, Gabe knowing he had to be quiet in the house while his dad slept and rested. They hated to say it but he was getting weaker and weaker, he desperately needed a new liver which the hospital couldn't find. Chemotherapy wasn't killing the cancer off quick enough. It was the day of the wedding Joe and Demi just wanting to get it done as soon as they could to ensure Joe was as well as he could, most family had come over even with such short notice and everything was ready. Joe and Demi wouldn't see each other until one when they got married.

"How are you feeling about today?" Dianna inquired as she started to do Demi's hair, she didn't want any stylists or anything for her big day, she wanted it to be as normal as they could make it. The fans didn't even know what was going on today or that Joe was ill, that Demi wouldn't be going on tour with her farewell album.

"Mixed emotions, sad that Joe and I might not get our first anniversary but happy because I am marrying the man I love," Demi explained. "But it was hard to plan this wedding with him knowing I might not get a lifetime with him."

"You just have to think positive that the hospital will find a liver soon and that he will be okay in the end. You have a baby coming too so look forward to that." Denise suggested.

"I hope they find one soon, I don't know how much longer he's gonna live with the one he has now." Demi sighed looking in the mirror, she had been strong around Joe so he didn't need to think that anything was wrong but when she wasn't around him she could speak how she truly felt. She felt more sorry for Joe having to go through this.

"Boy or girl?" Danielle questioned Demi biting her lip gently.

"I know I've always said I wanted two boys then a girl but I kinda want this one to be a girl, I don't know if this will be my last child and I've always wanted one of each." Demi explained.

"I don't think you really mind Demi, Gabe was such a good baby, all you want is for the baby to be like him, boy or girl doesn't matter." Dianna stated.

"Gabe is a good boy, daddy's boy." Demi grinned knowing that her three year old would be having a good time with all the boys.

"Time to see the dress!" Danielle squealed making Demi giggle, nobody had seen the dress but Demi wanting to keep it a surprise to everyone. She went out and picked it out herself and was happy with what she had chose. Demi took a deep breath before opening the curtain the stepping through standing in front of the three women who were helping her get ready.

They all got a little teary seeing Demi in her wedding dress, she looked beautiful and stunning. They all knew Joe would love the dress but wouldn't care what she looked like, as long as she was there willing to get married to her boyfriend of four years.

"Demi you look beautiful!" Dianna cooed bringing her daughter in for a hug, Demi smiled hugging her mother back before she shared a hug with Denise, then Danielle.

"Don't make me cry, I already have my make up done." Demi demanded making them laugh.

"I know Joe will love it too Demi, you picked a good one." Danielle praised.

"I just hope he's up to it today, do you know how he was?" Demi questioned Denise sighing slightly knowing how unwell her son was at the moment.

"Not very well Demi, I'm sorry." She brought her into another hug.

"Your his mother, I should be the one who's sorry." Demi held back her tears as they all shared another hug. Demi just hoped Joe would make it through today without getting too tired, he wasn't even well enough for them to go on a honeymoon.

-------------------------------------------------------

Comments please!