Episode 45

Demi stayed watching over Joe for the next couple of days until it was nearly a week after the accident. She watched him grow from barely not able to move of the bed to him going out for walks with whoever was visiting. They hadn't had another run in with Jamie and they were starting to wonder what he was waiting for. Everyone around her was protected at all times including herself, Demi planned for nobody else to get hurt. Today was the day Joe was being released from hospital, everyone was waiting at Demi's apartment for his arrival. His parents had decided to extend their stay until they knew their son and brother was fine, it was summer time so they didn't have to worry about Frankie's schooling.

"Is there many reporters outside?" Joe questioned Demi sighing nodding her head.

"They must know your coming out today." Demi replied, luckily everyone managed to cover Joe up enough when the accident happened so they didn't get a shot of his lifeless body on the floor. The only picture they got was as he got on the ambulance. He had gotten some get well soon cards and balloons from Demi's old cast mates after they had seen what had gone on that night. They were also being protected by security He had pulled through but the worry wasn't over yet until Jamie was caught again. Joe stood up taking Demi's hand.

"Dad has already taken my bag to the car while you went to the bathroom." Joe stated seeing her looking around for it.

"You have your medication?" Demi questioned Joe nodding his head.

"I have everything." Joe kissed her head gently before they made their way out the room, they said goodbye to the doctors and nurses on their way down.

"He'll head off and let you two settle down for the afternoon." Denise stated kissing her son's head giving Demi a hug before she left with her husband and youngest son. Demi had changed the locks since Jamie visited her not even knowing how he had gotten in. She had told Joe about what had happened and he was aware that he was the one who shot him after he had confessed to Demi before attempted to rape her.

"You want a drink?" Demi inquired Joe shaking his head.

"I'm fine sit down," Demi laughed as he dragged her down to sit down next to him, he was hardly in pain anymore and everyone was relieved how quickly he had recovered. He could hopefully get back to his life and they wouldn't have to worry about Jamie. "Thanks though." Joe kissed the side of her head making Demi smile leaning against him.

"You're welcome, I'm just happy that your okay." Demi stated.

"I wouldn't leave you, not when you was by my side every chance you could get." Joe answered, he had heard from Nick how hysterical she had been over the week but she didn't like to think about her feeling down especially when it was him causing her the pain.

"It's because I love you." Joe smiled kissing her again.

"I love you too." He held her closer the two of them staying close together not even moving away from each other when they heard the door open. They weren't scared either because Nick was quick to announce that it was just him before appearing in the doorway after locking the door behind him. Security stayed outside so they were able to have their privacy.

"Hey Nick." Joe greeted his younger brother as he sat down on the spare chair.

"You feel better?" Nick inquired Joe nodding his head. "Good, I've come with some news from the police." They both looked towards him intrigued on what the news was.

"It's nothing bad," Nick assured them smiling when he saw them settle down some more, they didn't want anybody to get hurt. "Jamie was spotted leaving the country, it looks like he won't be bothering us again anytime soon." He revealed smiling as they shared a hug. They hoped he would just stay away so they could carry on with their lives.

-------------------------------------

Comments please!