Episode 79

Weeks had gone by and soon enough it was Christmas, Demi was sixteen weeks along and had been with Joe now for ten months. They had just returned from the Australia leg of the tour before heading off to families' houses for Christmas. Joe and Demi would unfortunately not be spending Christmas together, Joe and Nick only got off the plane to catch another one to Jersey to spend Christmas with their parents and brothers. Kevin was coming down with Danielle and Alena since it was Alena's first Christmas. They had already exchanged presents and spent some time together watching Christmas films and such. They wondered off the plane collecting their belongings before moving to the side where they wouldn't be in the way.

"What time are your parents coming by to pick you up?" Joe questioned.

"Any minute now," Demi answered holding his hand shaking her head at Nick. "You know there was wifi on the plane?"

"I know but I couldn't connect." Nick argued, Demi just shook her head again.

"You'll look after yourself and squish while I'm not around right?" Joe questioned for the hundredth time since they got on the plane. Demi laughed slightly leaning up pecking his lips gently then squeezing his hand.

"Yes Joe, you don't have to worry about either of us, we'll be fine." Demi assured him.

"I just want to make sure that the two most important people in my life will be fine while I'm not around." Joe stated kissing her head.

"Aw how sweet." Nick teased getting a smack from his best friend.

"He is sweet." Demi cooed leaning up pinching his cheeks laughing at Joe's face which didn't look amused, he pushed her hands away sitting down on one of the chairs bringing her down to sit on his lap. Demi smiled leaning back against him.

"I have to go, dad is waiting outside for me with the car," Demi stated getting off Joe the two of them standing up. Demi gave Nick a hug smiling as he pulled away not long later kissing her forehead gently. She wrapped her arms around Joe allowing him to embrace her into a hug as Nick wondered away so they could say goodbye with some privacy. "Call me when you get there." Joe nodded his head pulling away kissing her gently.

"I love you." He whispered.

"I love you too Joe, stay safe." She kissed him again before making her way out of the airport she turned back once she was near the door giving the two brothers a wave. She exited the airport excited about seeing her family again but upset that she wouldn't be spending Christmas with her boyfriend or best friend. It was the first Christmas she would have with Joe around and wanted to spend it with him but family were important as well and as much as she wanted to spend Christmas with Joe she also wanted to spend it with her family and for Joe to spend it with his. Nick patted Joe on the back seeing that he was a little down about her leaving. Joe gave his brother a thankful smile.

"You'll see her again in a couple of days." Nick stated.

"I know, I just don't want to miss anything with the pregnancy, what if she gets backache or something? I won't be there to give her a massage." Joe replied.

"You're lucky to even be there with her most of the time, most dads go to work and miss those kinds of things." Nick explained Joe sighing.

"I guess so, I just want to be there for everything." Joe confessed as the two of them picked up their bags heading towards where they would need to catch their plane over to Jersey. They would have flown straight there but Joe wanted to make sure Demi was okay, she was able to fly but just in case anything happened.

"Where do you think you're going?" They heard a voice turning around a smile coming to their face when they saw who was stood there.

-------------------------------------------------

Comments please!