Episode 99

When Demi got back from her appointment Joe was still sleeping so she decided to leave him to rest and head home. She would decided she would tell him today when he got home. Denise and Paul had arrived in Dallas that night Nick arriving just behind them all three of them going to visit Joe together who was still down about everything that had happened over the past couple of day or two. He would be coming home today Demi and Gabe being the ones who would be looking after him, they have had a long talk with Gabe about what would be happening. How Joe wouldn't be how he usually was for a while, he would be a lot more tired and would have to nap in the day most likely. He seemed to understand but he was young and they didn't know how he would cope.

"Ready?" Denise inquired Joe nodding his head allowing his father and Nick help him off the bed, he was still weak after his chemotherapy yesterday. The doctors said his body would slowly get used to the changes in his body.

"Can we go to the barbers before we go home? I can't watch my hair fall out, I want it gone." Joe requested focusing on walking himself but Paul and Nick were either side of him ready to steady him if he decided he couldn't go any further.

"Are you sure that's what you want?" Nick questioned Joe nodding his head.

"It will be better for Gabe as well, seeing it gone all at once." Joe stated everyone agreeing.

Joe had his hair done before they headed back home, it was going to be hard to adjust to all this but it was something that needed to be done. Joe was glad to get home. He smiled as Gabe ran over to him glad to see that his father was okay, he had only heard it from his mother and Grandparents not actually able to see him yet.

"Hey buddy, let daddy sit down then we can have a talk." Gabe watched confusion on his face as he watched his father wonder off with help of his Grandfather and Uncle, he followed though sitting up on the couch next to his father.

"Why you can't walk? Why you have no hair" He questioned Joe sighing, he was hoping he wouldn't get many questions from his son but he didn't blame him, he didn't understand what was going on and he hoped that he wouldn't have to. That he was going to be fine in a couple of weeks.

"Daddy isn't feel very well at the moment baby boy." Demi lifted him up on her lap the little boy leaning back against his mother.

"I send you get well card." They laughed Joe kissing his head gently.

"And I feel a lot better since then but daddy still needs to rest." Joe stated Gabe nodding his head looking up at his Uncle who stood in front of him.

"How about we go play outside?" Nick suggested knowing that Demi had to talk to Joe, Gabe nodded his head gently following his Uncle out the room Joe watching as everyone else left knowing that Demi was going to tell him that they were going to be having another baby. Demi sighed slightly grabbing hold of Joe's hand, he still looked handsome to Demi even with his hair gone. She would be there for him through all this whether he made it through at the end or not.

"Joe can we talk?" Demi inquired.

"Actually I wanted to talk to you about something." Joe stated.

"Really what?" Demi inquired again Joe sighing this time squeezing her hand gently taking in a huge breath before speaking again.

"Marry me?"

"W-What?" Demi stammered not quite believing what she was hearing.

"I know it's not the most romantic proposal ever and I don't even have a ring because I haven't had time but I've been thinking a lot in the hospital. We don't know if I will make it though this and if I don't want to go if I know that I haven't married the girl I love."

---------------------------------------------

Comments please!