20. The Untitled Rachel Berry Project

Trigger Warning for Sexual Assault 

Please message me if you want to know what happens in this particular chapter or the specific part to avoid if this is a trigger for you and I will try my best to get back to you! 

Are we breaking up? 

In a fit of mental instability, Rachel auditioned for a tv show

In a fit of mental instability, Rachel auditioned for a tv show... And she got it. The producer wanted to make it as realistic as possible, sending a writer to Bushwick to observe the friend group.

After being kicked out of the kitchen by Kurt, Rachel grabbed a plate of snacks (and a treat for McConaughey who the diva grew to love). Bringing it by the table where Sam was telling Mercedes all about the modeling gig he got, she saw Becca try and take a seat by him. Sam just pulled her onto his lap which made her blush as he told his story. "My dream of almost being naked on a bus is this close to coming true!"

"And I'm going to be buying a whole lot of spray paint so I can graffiti 'Mine' all over it," Becca jokes. "While you're your own person and I try not to be too clingy, I just want the whole world to know how proud I am that I can call you mine."

The adorableness of the couple and Mercedes's support to help Becca commit property damage was exactly the vibe that Rachel wanted for her show. "Old friends sticking together and struggling to make it in the world," she explains.

Artie comes to join them, McConaughey hopping onto his lap. "Is it normal for a network to send a writer to hang out with the star to figure out the show."

"Oh totally," Becca jokes.

Rachel didn't see it as a joke. "Becca gets it, especially when the star's incredibly interesting." Becca jokingly shakes her head, getting a repressed laugh from Artie. The new television star keeps going. "She wrote her first script when she was fourteen years old."

Becca leans over to Artie. "My bet, fanfiction."

"I mean what else could it be?" he agrees. "I've written short films since I was a kid but they were all fan projects."

"It is where all the great artists start out. Look at Neil Gaiman." 

Kurt and Blaine brought over more dishes to the table, bringing up distaste towards the idea of her crashing their Monday night dinners. But that was the whole point. "She needs to really see my life-" Rachel explains "-and understand my essence and you guys are so much about that besides my work, my talent, and my ambition." At the knock on the door, she wants everyone to be really nice to her.