06. Mash Off

"Am I your rebound?" 

Being apart of the band meant that Becca she was forced to rock out on the guitar with Puck and the guys for his performance of Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher"

Being apart of the band meant that Becca she was forced to rock out on the guitar with Puck and the guys for his performance of Van Halen's "Hot for Teacher". Being a fan of dad rock helped her enjoy the performance despite the context of the song. 

Once the group was done, Mr. Schue couldn't help but congratulate them. "What a way to start off this week! You guys didn't even need an assignment. You just did it!"

"Mr. Schuester," Rachel interjects. "While the performance was excellent -particularly the drumming-" Finn felt proud while Becca pretended to gag. "Don't you think the subject matter is a little inappropriate?"

Becca wanted to bring up her crush on Mr. Schue two years ago, but didn't want to embarrass Rachel. The junior also wanted to rejoin the club- even though she feels like she's not going to get her apology from Mr. Schue. Her plan was to pull a diva moment and just say that whether he likes it or not, she's back on the New Directions. But to increase her chances of him still letting her back in, she wasn't going to bring that up 

In his head, all Mr. Schue wanted to make sure Puck was just singing just a fun song and wasn't singing it to anyone. That was a bold face lie that Finn and Becca could read right through.

That was the end of Glee for the day. After checking in with the rest of the band, she quickly made her way out of the room with Finn following her. "Please tell me you noticed Puck too right?" Finn asks her.

"Yes, he was looking at Shelby." Becca told him, "It was so weird... Even if it's legal, it's so weird and wrong."

"Have you ever had a crush on a teacher?"

"Unlike your girlfriend, I have standards. I've only liked one person and I think I'm finally starting to get over him and I like someone knew now... I think." This got Finn's attention. He was very surprised since he figured she wasn't going to get over him unless they made her. But the matchmaking ideas were already coming to him. Noticing this, Becca clarifies, "I still talk to Sam and I miss him a lot, but I think I'm getting over him. He's hiding something from me so I'm assuming he found someone else and I don't want the feelings I have towards him to ruin it. So I'm like, almost over him I think. Besides I really like how I feel around Kat. Yeah she's my friend but I really like spending time with her." Hearing this, he was cautiously optimistic for trying to play matchmaker and push her to ask Kat out.

* * *