04. Katy or a Gaga

Acceptance 

Nobody in the Glee club was really doing anything productive

Nobody in the Glee club was really doing anything productive. Sam was messing with the xylophone, Marley and Unique were gossiping by the trophies, Ryder was banging on the drums. Blaine and Artie were at the piano, Tina and Kitty were taking selfies, and Becca stole Jake's scooter and said the boy was trying to get it back from her. Jake wasn't really mad at her, mostly just messing around. 

Especially since this was the first time anyone has heard Becca laugh since Finn passed.

For the most part, she's just been going through the motions of life, not giving much outside effort in anything. It's not that she didn't want to, but she was just trying to make it to the next day. Losing her grandparents was difficult but not as tough as losing Finn was. She was doing better, smiling more often at home and with friends. She was spending more time with friends. 

She was doing better. But she still more bad than good.  

Mr. Schue walked in getting everyone's attention and got her to give Jake his scooter back. The important news was the list of the show choirs for Nationals, "Rus-Belters from Pittsburgh, the Thunder Showcats from Gainesville, and finally from Fort Wayne, Throat Explosion."

At the last team's name, Tina couldn't help but cry out in anguish. "Uh what?" Jake replied. "Throat Explosion, that's gotta be a joke."

"Yeah feels like there is a sexual innuendo there," Becca adds before remembering that they are called the New Directions who have been given the nickname 'Nude Erections' by some of their peers. So they can't talk. 

Blaine disagreed with this team being a joke, citing the show choir blogs, "Their budgets for costume, makeup, and hair alone are astronomical," he explains. "You guys have read that Malcolm Gladwell book Outliers right?" They hadn't. "So, Gladwell says you can't possibly master anything unless you've spent 100,00 hours practicing it. So students can't even join Throat Explosion without proving they've logged in 10,000 hours of show choir rehearsal."

Continuing on, Blaine explains how members just perform 24/7 basically. "They live their art, they know no boundaries. They're constantly pushing the envelope, living and performing on the edge, they are like mini Lady Gaga's."

"We're so screwed," Tina tells them. "They are not like Vocal Adrenaline who were unfeeling Borg robots. They're total outsiders and misfits which used to be our niche. We can't compete with Throat Explosion anymore at that level because we lost our biggest Gaga when Kurt graduated last year. Look around you were are like a room full of Katy Perry's around her "

Unique disagreed, calling herself the new Gaga. This got Tina to list off some of the Katy Perry's in the room, including Marley, Sam, and Blaine (who is a Katy Perry and proud). "The truth is, Tina, we're a potent mix of Katy Perrys and Lady Gagas in here," Mr. Schue begins. "But it's not a liability, it's the way we're gonna beat Throat Explosion. Now some of us are ambi-edge."