19. Sweet Dreams

It's Gonna Be Okay

After the shooting, everyone was processing it in their own way

After the shooting, everyone was processing it in their own way. Brittany was using her high SAT scores as a way to get into MIT. Tina was changing up her style to me more steampunk (which was hot). Unique was trying to go through her transition by any means necessary. Mr. Schue got meaner due to feeling guilty about how he left things off with Finn. Sam created an entirely new person named Evan Evans as a way to combat his separate anxiety. Becca became more assertive and not willing to take any bullshit. But at the same time, she was also very frustrated over Sam being Evan more than he was Sam. Plus 'Evan' kept trying to hit on her. 

But this was how he was coping and Becca was desperate for any sense of comfort which even in his fake twin state, she gladly took it. 

Since in her mind, it was still Sam.

As she was cuddling into Evan's side, Mr. Schue was explaining how the theme for Regionals was 'dreams'. He thought the best bet for winning was to take the theme as literal as possible. Becca could help but roll her eyes at this, believing they were going to lose.

Noticing everyone was unimpressed, the teacher calls one of them out. "Marley, you're frowning."

"I don't know any of those songs," she admits, looking at the list. But she then works up the courage to bring up doing original songs like they did two years ago.

Finally, something that got Becca's attention. "Yeah, we killed it. We can try it again. It fully fits into the theme."

"If Becca and Marley think it's a good idea, then I do too," Kitty tells their teacher. She took a side glance at her best friend, already planning on admitting something to her but was extremely worried about how her friend was going to take it. She's tried to bring it up multiple but just couldn't. Every time she was about to, Kitty bailed. She didn't want to lose her... She was planning on postponing it until Sam was not Evan. 

While Marley was happy for the support, Mr. Schue was not. "No. That was a different time, and a different team."

"So what you're saying is that you don't think this team is good enough to create a Regional winning song?" Becca asks. "Because I think we totally are ."

"Becca, that's not very fair to imply," Mr. Schue counters his student. "You're twisting my words."

"Then what did you mean by it was a different time and a different team," she explains, willing and ready for a fight. "You're basically saying that just because we don't have your favorite Rachel here anymore doesn't mean we are any less capable of writing songs. Maybe Marley has the next greatest hit written and you're not even giving your student a chance. Finn never did that, he would let us-"

Slamming his hands down on the piano, he was annoyed. Bringing up Finn crossed the line. "Do I have to remind you guys how lucky we are to even be at Regionals? We are there on a technicality, which means there's absolutely no room for even the smallest mistakes. Trust me. Anybody else have something they want to say?"