16. Home

"It's Okay to Not Be Okay" 

Coach Sylvester called her three newest members of the squad to her office for some 'pressing matters'

Coach Sylvester called her three newest members of the squad to her office for some 'pressing matters'. Turning to the three, Sue looks them once over. "Ladies, what we have here is a grade-A dilemma. Mercedes, your vocal chords have more fantastic runs than a Kenyan track team but that look simply will not do. At first I thought it was a subtle homage to yours truly but now I fear it's some sort of ironic comment."

Mercedes looks at the Coach, "Ms. Sylvester, I'm just not comfortable in those Cheerios skirts. They don't fit me right."

Becca and Kurt go to hype up their friend, "Mercedes you shouldn't feel embarrassed about your body." Kurt reminded her.

"Yeah girl seriously. You have a rockin' bod. " Becca added.

Mercedes laughed at her friends who didn't get her issues straight, "Embarrassed? No, no. I'm worried about showing too much skin and causing a sex riot."

The trio laugh and bring a hand through their respective hairs as Sue stares at them in wonder. "How do you three not have a show on Bravo?" Getting back on track, she tells them the issues. "Here's the skinny. Splits magazine, after much campaigning by one Sue Sylvester, has named me cheerleading Coach of the last 2,000 years. In seven days, reporter Tracy Pendergrass will arrive on campus and my new star singer will have lost 10 pounds and be in the gender-appropriate cheerleading uniform or she is off the team."

They all look at her in shock. "Ten pounds?" Kurt exclaims, "Are you serious?"

"You could lose a few too kiddo." Sue said, eyeing Kurt. "You got hips like a pear. You too Teddy Bear. You got the skirt but could still lose the weight."

Not just going to take this sitting down, Becca stands up for herself and her friends, "Coach, you do realize how incredibly dangerous this is? You can't go around telling people how much weight they need to lose. You're kind of being a bitch right now."

The silence that filled the room after she called Sue Sylvester a bitch was so intense, you could hear a pin drop. The silence feels insufferable until Sue finally speaks. "Aretha, Lady Hips, out." Kurt and Mercedes run out of the room, not before wishing Becca good luck. The girl who was forced to stay is waiting for her coach to smite her onsite. 

Looking at one of her newest Cheerios, she smirks. "You got a spunk kid. You remind me of a young Sue Sylvester." Not sure if she should take that as a compliment or what, Becca reminds her that she tells everyone that. "Doesn't matter. Yeah sure you are the quiet girl who stays in the background, tries not to make a scene. Pretty sure Schuester forgets you and some of the other minority kids exist in the club."

 While Becca agrees that Mr. Schue ignores everyone who's not Rachel and Finn, but she still doesn't fully get why Sue's calling her- a white person whose still in the closet about her bisexuality -a minority. As Sue goes on, she doesn't answer that.  "But unlike him, I notice a change in you, not just with joining my Cheerios. You've become more sure of yourself and spoken up more, just like now."