03. Grilled Cheesus

The Power of Grilled Cheese and Friendship! 

Becca was going to congratulate her best friend on winning his first football game back on the team

Becca was going to congratulate her best friend on winning his first football game back on the team. As she walks up to him at his locker, she notices him putting something away in it. "What's that?"

"Nothing." Finn said, slamming his locker shut. He didn't want anyone to know about a certain sandwich. 

"Dude no secrets." Becca she teases.

Finn sighs, still glad that's a rule but regretting it. "I'll tell you later, we have Glee. I think I might have an idea for this week."

"What is it?" Becca asks as they walk towards the club.

"It's... How religious are you?" Finn asks since it was a topic the pair didn't talk about much, if at all. The only person she's talked religion with is Kurt. "Like Jesus is like a genie who gives you three wishes."

"I'm not religious." Becca said, "I'd assume that's not how praying works but I'd suggest asking Quinn or Mercedes. They both believe."

Before Becca could press the question any further they got to Glee club where Finn asked Mr. Schue to say something. Puck assumed he was coming out. "Why yes." Finn said shocking everyone, especially his girlfriend. "There's a man who sort of recently came into my life and that man is Jesus Christ." Puck decided this was way worse than anything else, "And I know there's others in here how did he too. So, I thought maybe this week, we could pay tribute in music. You know, pay tribute to Jesus."

Kurt makes eye contact with the only other person who shares his same feelings "Sorry," Kurt replied, deciding to speak up, "but if I wanted to sing about Jesus, I'd go to church and the reason I don't go to church is because most churches don't think very much of gay people."

"Or women." Becca adds, "Like the entire concept of purity rings and chastity balls are, I'm sorry but really creepy when you start thinking about them."

"Or science." Kurt reminds them, "Need I remind you all that it's controversial to teach Evolution." Both teens supported their religious friends and their choices. If Mercedes or Quinn wanted to do a song about Jesus once in awhile, they would respect it. But dedicating a whole week feels like religious views are being forced onto the students. 

Judging his students discomfort, Mr. Schue change the lesson about spirituality. However, both Kurt and Becca could not name a single song about spirituality that wasn't about religion in some way which meant they still couldn't participate. Which was fine with them, but each teen were going to be on edge each week. Fearing, that there friends are going to start forcing their views onto them. 

* * *