21. Funeral

Friends are Family 

The trio of siblings by choice would've figured that the worst thing to happen at McKinley this week was Jesse St

The trio of siblings by choice would've figured that the worst thing to happen at McKinley this week was Jesse St. James becoming the show choir consultant. Turns out, it was the news that Jean Sylvester had passed. Sure, Sue has been terrible  the New Directions, but the trio wanted to make sure to give her their condolences.

Knocking on the door, Kurt got her attention first, "Coach Sylvester."

"We brought you some flowers and stuff," Finn told her, both boys were holding some flowers while Becca was holding a plush duo of bears.

"We're so sorry for your loss," Becca tells her.

Not looking up, Sue gestures to the side of the room where there are a bunch of bouquets of flowers. "Put 'em over there with the rest. There were more arrangements, but I had to throw some out. I'm allergic to pansies and I don't mean that as a swipe at any of you." Finally looking up from her work, she takes a good look at them. "So why'd you bother doing this? Buying me flowers, trying to comfort me after I've actively made your life a living hell and enjoying doing it?"

"Just cause you treated us badly doesn't mean you don't deserve sympathy." Becca tells her former coach, "You're going through a lot and we want to be there for you."

"And the three of us know what it's like to lose someone really close to you," Kurt adds on."

"I sort of do," Finn states, "My dad died when I was a baby."

"So how do you think you can help me?" she asks, "Are you here to tell me how to deal with this?" Trying to assure her they weren't, Sue just ignores them and keeps talking, "Cause if I was being honest with you Eddie Munster, Herman Munster, and Lily Munster. I don't know how to deal with this. I can't go back into that nursing home and start sorting through Jean's things. And I won't plan the funeral."

"Then let us do it." Becca tells her, "We'll do the hard part for you."

Noticing her lack of response, Kurt wanted to ask her something. "Have you told your mother yet?"

"As far as I'm concerned, she said her goodbyes to use years ago," Sue tells them. "If you would really like to help me, you might start by explaining why it was her time and not mine. She's the sweetest person I've ever met and as the three of you can attest, I'm probably the meanest. So how come I'm the one still standing here talking to you."

The three teens couldn't answer that. Kurt and Finn start to leave, but Becca walks up to her. "Coach," she calls out, getting Sue's attention. "When I say we're here for you, I mean we all are. Just cause you weren't the nicest doesn't mean you have to go through this alone. Before I leave, I was wondering if I could give you a hug. I know you might not want one and I completely respect that-'' Sue already got up hugged her former Cheerios, absolutely needing one this week.