22. All or Nothing

"I'm not planning a proposal." 

"Guys, please say something," Blaine asks them

"Guys, please say something," Blaine asks them. The silence better not As soon as he dropped the news he was planning on proposing to Kurt, Sam, Becca, and Kitty had stared at him in silence. This was worst when he asked Finn for permission... While he only stared at him in shock for one minute, the trio were going onto five minutes. 

Kitty was the first to break. "Are you guys even dating?" They weren't but they were both single so Blaine was very hopeful. "Okay so then this is insane."

Sam brings up that they are all still in high school. "You're not ready to get married and as your best friend, I'm not letting you."

"Blaine, are you sure you thought this through?" Becca asks. "I know we're close to gay marriage being legalized in all fifty states but still. We're in Ohio. It's not legal yet."

He has, he really has. He wants this. More than anything. "Guys, I'm not asking for your permission. What I'm asking for is your help about how to do this. From my best friends!"

Rolling her eyes, Kitty knew exactly what would've happened. "Please, we all know you're going to be singing to him. It's all anyone in this damn club does. Pretty sure if Mr. Schue knew Becca was having a panic attack, he'd have us all bust out into song to calm her."

"Which would make it worse," Becca comments in horror, thinking about if that actually happened. "So much worse." She needs a good distraction for her mind to stop thinking that she's dying, but a song would do way more harm than any good. 

"And as your best friends," Sam continues, "we need to remind you that just a few weeks ago, you were totally confused. You didn't even know where Kurt stood with the hot British guy."

Disappointed in how his friends lack of support, Blaine snapped. "I don't remember you being this introspective back at Christmas when you gave Becca a promise ring" 

"One, I don't even know what that means," Sam states, walking further down the hall. "And two, yeah I considered proposing but I knew if I did, I would regret it."

"You would?" Becca asked, feeling kind of hurt. Sure she knows she's not ready to get married anytime soon. Her five year plan has three items on it: graduate high school, graduate college, and marry Sam after she graduates college. While a proposal in high school was not going to be something she wanted, hearing that her boyfriend would regret proposing to her did sting.

One of them noticed this. "Choose your next words carefully Evans," Kitty threatens, ready to yell at him again.

Seeing his girlfriend hurt, he quickly backtracks. "I just, I know you want to take things slow and you weren't in the best head space at Christmas. I was so happy for how you were starting to recover and I knew that proposing to you cause of the not apocalypse wasn't what you needed then and wouldn't be smart. I love you and when I do propose... I want it to be special."