06.5 Adventures in Cincinnati (Bonus)

Becca was getting ready to spend time with Quinn today. Taking her request to heart, she searched through her closet, trying to find something that was 'cute'. Not really knowing what Quinn classifies as cute, she decided to break out some of her more pastel and feminine clothing, like a light pink gingham two piece set. She figured her normal style of dressing like a bisexual stereotype with a flannel and sweater addiction doesn't fit in with the popular girl's definition of cute. She loved both outfits but Becca still loved leaning into her feminine side after rejecting it for so long.

She got the text from Quinn that she was out-front and Becca quickly made her way outside. Quickly getting on a pair of shoes, she said goodbye to her parents and made her way outside. As soon as she got in, Quinn greeted her, "Hey, ready to go?"

"Yep." Becca answered, buckling up. "I've done my research and we should get there in time for the stores to open so hopefully we'll be able to find something in your style for cheap. Hopefully they have some sale going on."

Quinn laughs as she gets the car going. "I take it you know your way around a thrift store."

Becca shrugs, "My mom and I went thrifting a lot back in California and I thought I was pretty good. Then I met Kurt and he takes thrifting to a whole new level."

"Well I'm excited." Quinn says, "Thank you for doing this with me." The two girls were listening to Quinn's Taylor Swift playlist, rocking out before Quinn made a stop at Lima Bean so they could get some type of fuel before they started.

As the two were waiting for their coffee, Quinn decided to tell her something. "You look pretty cute today."

"Really?" Becca looks at her, cocking her head slightly, "Thank you. You look cute today too." Quinn could feel the blush on her face, still not understanding why her friend is making her feel this way.

* * *

Thrifting with Quinn was a blast. The pair were trying to find a bunch of clothes for her to help ease one problem of her pregnancy. Luckily, there was a dressing room at the first store that they found, so Becca was able to get a personal fashion show everything Quinn was looking at.

There were many yes's, from some flowy dresses that could be taken in post pregnancy, some actual maternity specific clothes, and some cute post pregnancy skits and tops. Then there were many no's, leather pants that were a size to tight and what appeared to be a normal top but it was literally the definition of business in the front and party in the back.

Many laughs were shared together as the two wanted to discover everything that could be found at the store. Graffitied paintings, weird troll cookie jars, and some oddly specific mugs. Once satisfied with the amount she found at the first store, she turned to her shopping buddy. "Now it's time we look for you."

Becca brushes her off, "It's fine, we did this for you. Anyway, clothing shopping is difficult for me anyway and thrifting is difficult."

"Haven't you found clothing with Kurt?" Quinn teases.

"Okay, you got me." Becca said, "But it was still difficult."

"I like a challenge." Quinn remarks. So now it was Becca's turn to do a fashion show for Quinn when they found items that were in her size. A lot of it was in her style with some flannels and cute jackets, but also not always her go to like some dresses and skirts.

Once they found their items in the first store, the duo went onto the next thrift store. Unlike the last one, there were not many clothing items that were in either girl's style or in their size. But, they were able to find some neat knick-knacks and an oddly specific fish hat that they got a selfie in.

Taking a break, they decided to stop at a local café. Once they ordered Quinn sat down. "This is the most fun that I've had in like ever."

"I'm glad." Becca said, "Not that you haven't had fun before but that this is fun for you! I was worried you were going to hate it."

"I like spending time with you." Quinn told her. The other girl was extremely grateful, happy that someone she saw as cool as Quinn liked hanging out with her. On the other hand, Quinn was just glad to have someone in her life who she doesn't feel like she has to put a front up. It was a nice change of pace for both of them. 

Author's Note: 

So here's my first hand at writing a completely bonus chapter!  Even brief, I wanted to explore Quinn and Becca's friendship since we don't see Quinn having a stable friendship with a girl for very long in the actual show. This is the only 'bonus' chapter I have planned out for this season so the rest of follows the episodes. I know I said my posting schedule would only be on the weekends, but despite almost being into dead week/ Finals week, my schedule, I have been less busy so I have time to write. Don't know what next quarter will hold, but that's why I have been posting more than my initial plan. 

To everyone who has been reading, thank you!