12.5 The First Date (Bonus)

It was finally time for the Sunday Matinee which meant that it was also hours away from Becca's first date. That means, her normal show stress was heightened which was noticeable to her two favorite band guys who quickly stopped her from checking the prop table for the third time in ten minutes. "You good Becca?" John asks.

Becca tried to assure them that she was fine she was just checking for her props. John and Scott did not believe her. "Wanna tell us the truth?"

"So... After the show, Sam and I are going on a date..."

"Let me guess, he's in the audience and you want everything to be perfect," John concludes which gets a sheepish nod out of Becca.

While Becca is there favorite Stage Manager now turned occasional actor that they've worked with, they've also hung with her enough to know how she gets. Scott and John take her by the shoulders, "Okay everything is fine and you deserve to relax. You're also not stage managing this show- that's Kat's job. She already told us to stop you from spiraling. There is still thirty till top of show, take a break," John starts.

"Get a snack, some water," Scott continues, opening the door for her. "Relax." 

Grumbling, Becca walks out. She knew she needed a break and agreed that it sounded nice. Kat already stopped her and it worked for a couple minutes (since the girl got their early) before the nerves set in. It would've been one thing if she was the stage manager but she was one of the leads which was even more terrifying to begin with. Like Kurt, she never saw herself in a leading role. 

Taking a breath, she refills her water bottle and takes a seat. To calm herself down, she spent time scrolling on her phone. That was until she overheard two voices that she knew very well talking outside. 

The door to the green room was propped open so she decides to poke her head out. She saw the Pippin to her Leading Player talking to one Sam Evans, who was holding a bag. 

The guy playing Pippin was none other than Kurt Hummel. After not getting the presidency, he was determined to branch out to increase his shot at getting into NYADA by bolstering his resume. While sure, he applied to other performing arts programs but the one he was banking on was his dream school. That was now auditioning to try and get into shows. He did this more back in his Freshman year and some of his Sophomore year but with the bullying and the people in the specific productions were assholes, he stopped his junior year. Now he had a reignited interest in it.

Chicago's director was also the director of Pippin  (but it was with a different company). One look at Kurt Hummel made her know that she wanted him for the role of Pippin. Then after the auditions, his fate was sealed as the lead role.

"What's going on out here?" she asks, gaining both of their attention.

"Nothing babe," Sam says giving leaning over to give her a peck on the cheek. Seeing that he got caught talking to Kurt, Sam heads back out to his seat.

Confused, Becca opens the door for Kurt to walk in, "Seriously what was going on? Why do you have a bag?"

Moving it more behind his back, Kurt assures her there is nothing to be worried about. The two make it back into the green room where he immediately shoves the bag that Sam gave him into the fridge.

Taking a spot on the couch next to her, Kurt couldn't help but smile at her. "He called you babe."

"I know," Becca responded, her face breaking out into a grin. "I just... I really like him and despite me being kind stupid he still likes me and somehow loves me back... I'm just really happy."