15.5 Nightmare (Bonus)

Things were tense in the Bushwick apartment. Even when Rachel and Santana were fighting over the understudy role, nothing was as tense and uncomfortable as the energy that was being created in the apartment at midnight.

Sam and Becca were arguing.

And it was their first big argument.

Rachel and Kurt had heard the couple argue before. It's always been on small things. Like who pays for a meal or does the dishes or on random theories or which Spiderman is better or who shot first in Star Wars. Minor things in the scheme of things but nothing ever that serious (as much as they claim that they are).

But this was serious.

It all started when the two were had dinner and were watching a movie together. Dinner was fine until Sam started doing everything for Becca. She went to go grab something and he got it for her. She tried taking the chicken out of the oven, Sam beat her too it. Becca went to go sit down, Sam immediately went to her side to help her sit down without struggle.

Everything he was doing now, he did once she got out of the hospital since walking was a struggle. But now, she doesn't need any help. Her ankle has healed pretty well and she's able to do things like walk, dance, and fight (onstage so it's not real).

It felt to her that Sam didn't see that.

All throughout dinner, Sam made sure to have a part of him touching her. His hand on her free one. Shoulders brushing together. His head on her shoulder. Legs brushing together. Same happened when they were laying on the couch. He had his arm wrapped around her while they cuddled on the couch.

The fight started when Becca went up to pee. Sam helped her up (which was fine since that couch is a little difficult to get out of once your comfortable), but what annoyed her was that he walked her to the bathroom.

She assumed that he was going to be back on the couch and wait for her there. Instead, he was right outside the door, waiting for her. She snapped at him about not letting her do things while he was arguing that he just wants to help.

"Sam," she sighs. "I don't always need you help."

"I know but I care about you," he argues. "What if something happened?"

"The bathroom is like ten feet away. I would be fine."

"A lot can happen in ten feet. What if you tripped and fell and hit your head open? I could stop that from happening."

Becca shakes her head. "And people say I'm paranoid," she mumbles under her breathe before looking at him. "Sam I am fine."

This argument somehow went on for hours. Them constantly going back and forth. Kurt and Rachel tried to help but it was no used since they were just going in circles. By the time midnight rolled around, both were two tired to continue. "I'm not letting you walk home, you're staying the night," Becca demands, finally turning off the tv.

"I can take the couch," Sam offers. As much as he wants to share the bed with her right now, he knows that she's probably mad at him and doesn't want that.

Now here was the start of another argument. "I'll take the couch, you can have the bed."

He shakes his head. "Becca, you need the bed. I'm fine with the couch."

"How about let's just share the bed," she settles. "I might be mad at you but I still love you."

"I love you too," he told her. "And are you okay with it?"

"I wouldn't have offer if I wasn't. Let's get to bed and-"

"Talk about this in the morning?" Sam asks, as they make it to her room. Nodding her head, Becca agreed as the couple got ready for bed. It was weird since normally they would still be talking and then end up starting the night cuddling before turning over onto their own side of the bed to actually fall asleep and get comfortable.